+198

Not being able to see Super Bowl commercials is a small price to pay for free health care, amirite?

Blearslyrarers avatar
4 32
The voters have decided that Blearslyrarer is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

They'll be on YouTube tomorrow. Not to worry.

There is no such thing as free

@TheCatalyst There is no such thing as free

Fine. Affordable for everybody, regardless of income.

eldoritos avatar eldorito Yeah You Are +2Reply
@eldorito Fine. Affordable for everybody, regardless of income.

I think I would rather just choose my own health care provider that doesn't force me to pay another person's bills, you know free market and all that.

@eldorito Social contract.

what does that response even mean? I am aware of what the social contract is but what do you mean using it in this context?

@eldorito You pay in, the government gives back.

I think that would be fine if the government didn't force you to pay in.

@TheCatalyst I think that would be fine if the government didn't force you to pay in.

I don't. That would prevent wealthy people from paying in. Also, you could probably start paying in at any time.

eldoritos avatar eldorito Yeah You Are 0Reply
@TheCatalyst well that's were all those regulations come in that such a government loves so much.

Without government regulations, public education would suck and the air and water would be polluted beyond reason.

eldoritos avatar eldorito Yeah You Are +1Reply
@eldorito Without government regulations, public education would suck and the air and water would be polluted beyond reason.

while I do agree with you about the environmental aspect education is quite the opposite. no educational regulations would mean that schools would have to compete, that's why private schools are far superior to public schools.

@TheCatalyst while I do agree with you about the environmental aspect education is quite the opposite. no educational...

Not necessarily. I've been to a bad private school. This was a school where everybody in middle school learned the same stuff in English. After that, I went to a public school and the public school students were being challenged more than private school students.

However, I do believe that we should do what they do in Belgium and have a voucher system.

@TheCatalyst I am not familiar with Belgium's voucher system, what exactly is it?

Basically, you get one voucher per child. Rather than sending your children to a school based on where you live, you send your children to whatever school you want to. Therefore, competition drives success without it being a burden on the customer's wallet.

@eldorito Basically, you get one voucher per child. Rather than sending your children to a school based on where you live...

that system does make a lot of sense, it could work very well. but it seems as though if you can just choose any school then the best schools would just all be filled. does it go on first come first served basis? or does the child's ability decide their admission perhaps?

@eldorito Better schools.get more funding.

But how is admission into the schools handled?

@TheCatalyst But how is admission into the schools handled?

However, here's my hypothesis: The schools use money from vouchers to hire more teachers anf build more buildings. Some might bee exclusive and a few are religious.

@eldorito However, here's my hypothesis: The schools use money from vouchers to hire more teachers anf build more buildings...

Could be, be you can only make a school so big before it just becomes too big. Perhaps they use a system similar to charter schools in the US and when they have to many students signing up they raffle off the last few positions they have.

@TheCatalyst Could be, be you can only make a school so big before it just becomes too big. Perhaps they use a system similar to...

Well, my public school had over 1000 graduating seniors in 2009 and it was decent, but I could see schools becoming overpopulated.

@eldorito Well, my public school had over 1000 graduating seniors in 2009 and it was decent, but I could see schools becoming...

my school was overpopulated a couple of years ago, most core classes had about 40 kids in them.

@TheCatalyst my school was overpopulated a couple of years ago, most core classes had about 40 kids in them.

Sounds to me like they need to make more schools. It's becoming somewhat of a problem in the Tulsa area.

@eldorito Sounds to me like they need to make more schools. It's becoming somewhat of a problem in the Tulsa area.

yeah they built another school in the area to take some of the students, the problem with that was that they spent so much money on that school that the other schools in the district had to cut several programs. so since we have fewer classes now we still have over filled classes.

I think you meant tax-payer funded healthcare.

I don't get it.

@I don't get it.

Canadians don't get to see the Superbowl commercials.

It's not free!

@BigTRex It's not free!

Why not?

Anonymous