+362

If you believe in God, you don't think that he hates gays, amirite?

Shortstopmwds avatar
1 37
The voters have decided that Shortstopmwd is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

“… neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.”
Romans 8:38-39

This

BUT THE BIBLE SAYS SO

@Albert_Einstein BUT THE BIBLE SAYS SO

No where in the Bible does it say God hates gays.

boxtops avatar boxtop Yeah You Are +14Reply
@boxtop No where in the Bible does it say God hates gays.

It was sarcasm, but seriously..

"If a man lie with a male as he lies with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination. They shall surely be put to death. Their blood shall be upon them." (Leviticus 20:13)

@Albert_Einstein It was sarcasm, but seriously.. "If a man lie with a male as he lies with a woman, both of them have committed...

And the funny thing is, that seems to be the only part in the Bible that people have decided to recognize. Look through the Bible, and you'll literally see that stuff following every sin, not just homosexuality. Also, many people hate God because of the way he sounds so violent and cruel in the Bible, but "they shall surely be put to death" basically just means that there are big consequences for sin. It's supposed to help you, not frighten or belittle you, even though it often has that effect on people.

boxtops avatar boxtop Yeah You Are 0Reply

Albert_Einstein, I guess boyscouts who share tents, and young brothers who sleep in the same bed should be "put to death", then, assuming that God literally means "lie" as in "lays next to". Also, saying that God thinks they should die does indeed show hate, so what happened to the whole "God loves everyone" bit? Leviticus is old testament, which also has the famed verses on wearing mixed fabrics, no pork and no fish. Ever wear cotton and denim (jeans and a t-shirt)? Oops, you're going to hell.

the_fallens avatar the_fallen Yeah You Are 0Reply
@the_fallen Albert_Einstein, I guess boyscouts who share tents, and young brothers who sleep in the same bed should be "put to...

In addition, since Jesus is the son of God and, assuming that you are Christian and not Jewish, if you can show me any part of the Bible where Jesus (sent to save us and tell us what God really wants), says anything at all about homosexuality, then I may start to question.

@the_fallen In addition, since Jesus is the son of God and, assuming that you are Christian and not Jewish, if you can show me...

"Lies with" Means to have sexual intercourse, don't try to bend it.

You cannot just pick and choose the parts of the bible you want. You can't just say "No, leviticus is wrong, being gay isn't a sin." Then say "Bestiality is WRONG because leviticus says so!!" All or nothing.

@Albert_Einstein "Lies with" Means to have sexual intercourse, don't try to bend it. You cannot just pick and choose the parts of...

It goes the other way, too, then. If the Bible is right, and 100% right (despite all of the contradictions), don't wear mixed fabrics or you'll go to hell. Don't eat ham, Bacon, fish, sushi, lobster, hot dogs, don't wear anything that isn't 100% the same fabric, don't judge (ahem...), or you'll go to hell.

@Albert_Einstein BUT THE BIBLE SAYS SO

The Bible was written by humans.

Shortstopmwds avatar Shortstopmwd Yeah You Are +1Reply
@Shortstopmwd The Bible was written by humans.

The words came form God the ink came from man.

B10ckH34ds avatar B10ckH34d Yeah You Are +1Reply
@B10ckH34d The words came form God the ink came from man.

The New Testament was changed a lot of time throughout history although not always intentionally. Sure a lot of stuff on there might have come from God but what is false and what is true in the bible?

CatMans avatar CatMan Yeah You Are 0Reply
@CatMan The New Testament was changed a lot of time throughout history although not always intentionally. Sure a lot of...

I dunno... The New Testament was mostly written my holy men, not much came from God, but then, since they're holy, they're probably right about this sort of thing. Or they're at least close.

B10ckH34ds avatar B10ckH34d Yeah You Are 0Reply

Can someone please tell me exactly what is the point of the bible if no one is going to follow it?

All souls are created by God. Gays are not gay by choice, so it is something built in to their souls. Since God does not make mistakes, we can assume that He made them gay. It doesn't make sense to me either, but I don't want to go to hell for not hating gays, just in case He really does hate them.

B10ckH34ds avatar B10ckH34d Yeah You Are -5Reply
@boxtop I think you have a very twisted understanding of God and Heaven.

??? elaborate please. Also read the whole comment before replying

B10ckH34ds avatar B10ckH34d Yeah You Are -4Reply
@B10ckH34d ??? elaborate please. Also read the whole comment before replying

What gives you the illusion that I didn't read your whole comment? And your understanding of God and Heaven is twisted because 1) you believe that He may hate people and 2) you'll hate other people in order to get to Heaven.

boxtops avatar boxtop Yeah You Are +7Reply
@B10ckH34d All souls are created by God. Gays are not gay by choice, so it is something built in to their souls. Since God...

If God does not make mistakes, would you say that our bodies are made perfectly to fit our mission?

@Albert_Einstein If God does not make mistakes, would you say that our bodies are made perfectly to fit our mission?

No. Even according to the Bible, only Adam and Eve and their close descendants were made by God and God alone. Over time, UV rays mutated our DNA and the Y chromosome lost a lot of DNA. Thus, we are not perfect, but they were.

@Albert_Einstein But does it say that in the bible?

Of course not. The bible only tells us that inbreeding was ok early on, but later, it wasn't, because it produced retards. HTis means that something went wrong with the human genome. We use science to determine exactly WHAT went wrong.
At the time when the bible was written people still believed that matter was solid, and atoms did not exist.

@Albert_Einstein Science is not equal to the bible. You do not seem like a Christian.

My belief in God makes me Christian. Not that I dont take every word of the Bible as the gospel (yes, I see the irony) truth.

It God doesn't make mistakes, why is there evil in this world? Why is that just because Adam and Eve made a mistake, we have to suffer for their mistakes? That would mean he categorizes every human being as bad just because of that one event which is pure nonsense. His sole purpose was to make the world a beautiful, yet he failed in that,
showing his imperfections.

lolwut smilie So if "god" tells you to hate on gays, you're going to listen to that? Yet if we hate on something, it's unacceptable. The bible potrays him as an asshole.

@coolstory It God doesn't make mistakes, why is there evil in this world? Why is that just because Adam and Eve made a...

When God created humans, He made the earth for us and allowed us to have the free will to decide what to do with it... so going off that, it's humans who failed, not God.

I think that's how it is, anyway.

the world is still beautiful, if you know how to enjoy it. And, also if god thought we were bad, why would he send his son to come save us? But, that's just my interpretation, I just felt like sharing mine.