-149

If you could go back in time to kill one person, you wouldn't choose to kill Hitler, you would kill Abraham, as he led to the formation of the three religions most responsible for wars and massacre-related events. With the consequential disappearance of Christianity, Judaism and Islam, you would not only be preventing the Holocaust in this fashion, but loads of other events such as 9/11, the Crusades and the Inquisition, amirite?

Whackas avatar
1 24
The voters have decided that Whacka is wrong! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I promise you humanity would still find ways to kill each other over ridiculous things.

Rebels avatar Rebel No Way +69Reply

I wouldn't kill anyone or change anything because, chances are, I wouldn't be born if very significant event in history was completely gone. Yeah, I'm selfish like that.

Shuns avatar Shun No Way +62Reply

No, you'd have to go back in time and have a discussion with the first single-cell organisms and tell them about the possibile consequences of their decisions.

It wouldn't do any good. Religion is one of those things that humanity would always create, since humans are constantly searching for a purpose in life.
Also, the way things are now is pretty good compared to other possible outcomes, so I would rather not throw the dice again.

I would kill Adam. Then Eve will have no one to reproduce humans with, then no humans. Problem solved.

Time travel is such an interesting concept that we don't really know what would happen. For all we know someone else could come along and create similar religions.

Anyone interested in time travel should read this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/11/22/63

If you prevent Christianity, Judaism and Islam some other religions will emerge possibly one centered around bestiality and human sacrifice.

Alternative: kill God while he rests on the seventh day. troll smilie

You'd also prevent the existence of anyone whose ancestors met through an Abrahamic religion, sadly... and that's probably a ton of people.

Well, I was on my way to this gay Gypsy bar mitzvah for the disabled when I suddenly thought "Gosh, the Third Reich's a bit rubbish. I think I'll kill the Fuehrer."

Anyone? Anyone? ... No? Aw...

And remember the billion people who are decedents of Abraham who would be dead if you killed him--quite possibly including yourself, causing a temporal paradox.

Haha, silly, Abraham isn't real. Religions are just made up, so they would be here no matter what.

So, you would kill someone to prevent more killing? You are contradicting yourself.

@Isawagothopotamus So, you would kill someone to prevent more killing? You are contradicting yourself.

Actually, not really. I'm not condoning any murder here, but one life for the lives of millions isn't exactly contradictory.

@AwkwardMoments1 Actually, not really. I'm not condoning any murder here, but one life for the lives of millions isn't exactly...

Still doesn't prove your point :P Its still killing to prevent killing. And it wouldn't change a damned thing because humans will still kill each other over many other things.

@Isawagothopotamus Still doesn't prove your point :P Its still killing to prevent killing. And it wouldn't change a damned thing...

I completely agree that it wouldn't change anything, but look at is like this: you love chocolate more than anything in the world, and you have a huge stash of thousands of chocolate bars. Someone tells you that, unless you give them one of your candy bars, they will forcefully take every last one. Obviously, you don't want to give ANY of your candy bars away, but it's pretty easy to see that it isn't worth trying to save that one candy bar if you know that saving that one will result in losing all of the others. It's the same concept, only applied to a much more serious situation.

Also, I feel as if I just wrote one of those word problems in elementary school math books.