+135

Black people are still mad about slavery, but if their ancestors weren't moved to america where would they be now? amirite?

3 31

What the hell am I voting on?

Still in Africa...happily being Africans?

@Still in Africa...happily being Africans?

Not all of Africa is civilized they could be in a tribe right now with horrible body modifications and no school....

@You say horrific, they say awesome...it's part of their culture.

By body modifications I think anon means genital mutilation, which is extremely painful and often done in public.

@Chewbanshee Its still culture though is it not?

Yeahhh, but that doesn't make it OK.

And to everyone else: African pirates used Europeans as slaves long before Africans became part of the African slave trade.

And to OP: just because SOME Africans are better off in the U.S., doesn;t justify them being fucking SLAVES.

@Frank_n_Furter Yeahhh, but that doesn't make it OK. And to everyone else: African pirates used Europeans as slaves long before...

Their ancestors were slaves and they're better off here not having scarification as a thing of daily life.

@1651352

Roman Slaves:
Slaves were clothed and fed well, often better than poor free Romans
“Some” slave owners forced their female slaves into prostitution to earn more money
When slaves had children, they were often thought to be treated better than their parents because the Masters saw them grow up and “Had a soft spot” for them
“Some” slave owners turned some of their slaves into “Gladiators” and forced them to fight wild animals in an arena for the amusement of the masses
“Some slave masters showed their loyalty and how much they cared for their slaves by giving nearly complete charge of their money and business affairs to the slaves without interfering.”
Saturnalia-A traditional celebration like Christmas in which slaves and masters switched places. In this celebration, the master became the slave and performed all the tasks of the slave, and the slaves did the opposite.

@1651631

Yeah the Irish slave trade was as bad (maybe worse)than the African slave trade.
Sympathy was everywhere for the slaves north and south (plus
every other place there were slaves) and the north only stopped having slaves around 1830's. South 1865. So saying that they had the whole north side with them is correct, but they missed hundreds of years.

Black slave punishment b/c I didn't include it:
The ordinary punishments of slaves, for the common crimes of neglect, absence from work, eating the sugar cane, theft, are cart whipping, beating with a stick, sometimes to the breaking of bones, the chain, an iron crook about the neck... a ring about the ankle, and confinement in the dungeon. There have been instances of slitting of ears, breaking of limbs, so as to make amputation necessary, beating out of eyes, and castration...
Some of the things black slaves endured because I didn't include it.

*I don't know if this makes sense because i'm tired. Hopefully it does.

@1651352

Greek Slaves:

If a slave talked back they could be whipped or arrested
Slaves were thought of as property, not human
They could not use their own names, were assigned names by their master
There were three ways a Greek slave could “Escape” slavery
The Government could free them
Their Master could free them
Eranoi-A club that LENT MONEY TO SLAVES to buy their freedom.

Jewish Slaves:
In the early stage, it was perfectly acceptable to rape a female slave
If a child was conceived between a master and a female slave, the child would be accepted into the master’s home and raised as his own
Later, sex with a slave was illegal and if you were caught, you were publicly flogged and temporarily excommunicated
The law stated that Jewish slaves were to be treated better than non-Jewish slaves. This was not always practiced but it was the law.
Because of this law, Jewish slaves were supposed to be granted similar food, drink, lodging and bedding as their masters
During the Talmudic Era, a Jewish slave was set free after seven years of service.
Black slaves were treated way worse on an almost incomparable level.
(I posted this on anon a little while ago on another post)

@1651352

I know black people weren't the only slaves. I'm not retarded lol Not bothering to read the rest of that. I'm just tired of black people acting like I owe them something because my supposed ancestors were slave owners when I'm 3rd generation from europe on one side(who also didn't own slaves) and share croppers on the other side.

@I know black people weren't the only slaves. I'm not retarded lol Not bothering to read the rest of that. I'm just...

Not bothering to read the rest of that? So you chose tol be ignorant? I cannot take you seriousl now .

@Not bothering to read the rest of that? So you chose tol be ignorant? I cannot take you seriousl now .

Lol I can't take you seriously* this was a troll post gone wrong. Didn't you notice how racist it was? I thought this would get a few laughs and a negative score.

Not ALL black people act that way towards white people. Just because you've had a few bad encounters with some black people doesn't mean they're all like that. You're generalizing everyone in the race into the same category and that's just not true for a lot of black people

@Not ALL black people act that way towards white people. Just because you've had a few bad encounters with some...

They weren't my experiences and I didnt say all black people. Have you heard of the black panthers(a few years ago not the black panthers in the 60s) saying should kill white babies and make white people slaves for equality? Equality isn't an eye for an eye. It's no one pokes anyone's eyes out anymore.

Everywhere because hopefully America wouldn't be racist and we would've still come over here. Or yeah Africa.

And it's not even just America, but European countries and other parts of the world as well.

karlipawlaks avatar karlipawlak Yeah You Are +2Reply

@HopeImrite. I see where you're coming from and normally you would be right. But, in this case you're wrong. You're white and have little idea of what hardships any minority have had to go through ESPECIALLY African Americans. Not only were they enslaved but even after they were set free in America they were still seen as inferior. It took more than a century after they were freed for them to begin getting equal rights. I live in Texas and in certain areas in the 1980's the schools here were finally desegregated. That's just 30 years ago. I'm not saying its not a reason to complain about slavery but you can certainly see why they're still upset.

@GargleMyNargles @HopeImrite. I see where you're coming from and normally you would be right. But, in this case you're wrong. You're...

While yeah i can see that, but that is no reason to automatically assume that i have no idea about the hardships of being a minority just because I'm white. i am almost completely Polish and if not for the Holocaust, i would have more than 3 times the size of my family, but they were sent to concentration camps. I don't hold any resentment against my friends from Germany or anyone because of that. Even when i see Holocaust posts, I don't get offended because i wasn't the one who had to go through any of that. I have no right to bitch at anyone, just like its wrong for black people to bitch at the OP or anyone that had nothing to do with slavery.

How about you try being ripped from your home and everything you know, then having yourself and generation after generation of your family put into slavery where you're not even considered human beings, and having to endure working in unruly conditions. Then we'll see if you're descendants aren't still bitching centuries later.

@GargleMyNargles How about you try being ripped from your home and everything you know, then having yourself and generation after...

No, because if your grandfather did something horrible to mine before either of us was born, i would not bitch at you and claim that you owe me something.

That's some racist bs.

@1651924

The people back then did. But black people now shouldn't be mad at white people now for what some white people's ancestors did to theirs. Last time I checked I'm not responsible for my ancestors actions.

Facepalm

sansas avatar sansa No Way -3Reply