+13

Hm... A bunch of privileged white people feeling compelled to take on the burden of 'helping' poor, uncivilized Africans, when in reality they're just doing it all for their own benefit... Hm... Sounds a tad familiar, amirite?

monstrositys avatar
1 11
The voters have decided that monstrosity is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

so trying to stop a dictator from abducting children, forcing them to murder their parents, selling the girls as sex slaves, turning them into child soldiers, etc, is a bad thing????

@maura17 so trying to stop a dictator from abducting children, forcing them to murder their parents, selling the girls as...

My post is directed towards Invisible Children specifically, who donate only 31% of their profits and send their message in an incredibly condescending tone, not all charities meant to help.

monstrositys avatar monstrosity Yeah You Are +1Reply
@Philosurfer Looks like I was right then.

You were.

Thank you for actually providing sources. I admire those who back up their opinions with facts.

dude, nice one! cause sending 100 of our troops into a dangerous militarized zone is definitely going to bring about our own benefit. great job!

For those of you who think I'm a heartless bastard for making this post, please read refer yourselves to this highly reputable blog. It's not that I oppose stopping human trafficking, it's that I oppose Invisible Children's methods.

There are many other organizations that actually DO something rather than hoard money and fund rapists. Go on Charity Navigator and see for yourselves.

http://visiblechildren.tumblr.com/