+181

Racism, sexism, etc. is a two-way street. You can't call a man telling a woman "You do that well...for a woman" sexist without a woman saying "Man up" being called sexist, amirite?

KirstenAnns avatar
4 10
The voters have decided that KirstenAnn is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

How about we all just accept that everyone is a little bit racist and everyone is a little sexist and then we can finally move on and focus on global warming or something.

The wording here is very tricky..

"Man up" is just a phrase. If you offer everyone an alternative phrase then I'd use it...

Damn it. Man up is pretty much the catch phrase of my cross country team.

@MartellusBoss Damn it. Man up is pretty much the catch phrase of my cross country team.

I didn't have very good examples. It was all I could think of.

KirstenAnns avatar KirstenAnn Yeah You Are 0Reply

But "man up" is just an expression, and it's used towards women a lot too.

@LittleRed But "man up" is just an expression, and it's used towards women a lot too.

Implying that women need to be more like men. It's a sexist statement, even though most don't see it that way. It's similar to someone telling someone to "stop being such a girl".
It's subliminally saying that being female is a negative thing.

Stepharoos avatar Stepharoo Yeah You Are +10Reply