-21

You think religion is really [adjective], amirite?

aclw123s avatar
0 21
The voters have decided that aclw123 is wrong! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Yeah, I don't think you got the POTD joke...

only works with the mad libs post dude

@Cgymnast7 only works with the mad libs post dude

That is the joke, you can't say no, because everyone has an opinion about religion, making this post true. Bravo dumbass -.-

aclw123s avatar aclw123 Yeah You Are -5Reply
@1676367

Obviously you, and a slew of other people didn't get what I was trying to say. I don't think you should have YYA'd this post because it's true. It's ironic because it's a play on the POTD, and how it works with just about anything; however, it's also funny because religion is completely unrelated to madlibs. That being said, of course it isn't going to be as funny if I have to explain it, no joke is.

aclw123s avatar aclw123 Yeah You Are +1Reply
@1676438

It's relevant enough, at least for today. And in the futur it's not like someone will have to make a time macne to come see it :P

@Whacka http://ctrlv.in/75437

I'm sorry, how does my sexuality have anything to do with whether or not you understand my joke?

@aclw123 I'm sorry, how does my sexuality have anything to do with whether or not you understand my joke?

Who said it was anything to do with whether or not I understood your joke?

@Whacka Who said it was anything to do with whether or not I understood your joke?

Then could you please explain why you called me a faggot?

@aclw123 Then could you please explain why you called me a faggot?

facedesk
Do you honestly think that I thought you were a faggot? The picture was in response to you being unnecessarily profane to the person stating, correctly, that it only works with the Mad Libs post, by calling him an asshole.

Whackas avatar Whacka No Way +2Reply
@Whacka facedesk Do you honestly think that I thought you were a faggot? The picture was in response to you being...

Perhaps you should call me an asshole then, instead of insinuating that I am sexually attracted to other men?

@aclw123 Perhaps you should call me an asshole then, instead of insinuating that I am sexually attracted to other men?

Did you not even read what I just said? I was never insinuating you were actually a faggot. Everyone uses words like asshole and faggot without actually insinuating that they're actually an asshole or a faggot. You must be new to the Internet.

@Whacka Did you not even read what I just said? I was never insinuating you were actually a faggot. Everyone uses words...

I'm aware, but being that my dads are gay, I don't think that it's appropriate. I have no problem with asshole however.

aclw123s avatar aclw123 Yeah You Are -1Reply
@aclw123 I'm aware, but being that my dads are gay, I don't think that it's appropriate. I have no problem with asshole however.

Then here's a tip: close your browser, and get off the Internet. Because stuff like that is everywhere, you'll have to deal with it.

Whackas avatar Whacka No Way +1Reply
@Whacka Then here's a tip: close your browser, and get off the Internet. Because stuff like that is everywhere, you'll have...

So you're saying that all gay people, and those that are friends/family of gays should get off the internet, so that they aren't offended? Rather then having people like you control their language? I'm trying to deal with it, for myself and for others by educating people such as yourself that you shouldn't use that sort of language in a derogatory fashion. I'm sure you wouldn't enjoy people using your name, for example, to call others stupid. You made the excuse that others do it, and you're going to let that influence your decision? Think man.

@aclw123 So you're saying that all gay people, and those that are friends/family of gays should get off the internet, so...

No, I'm not saying that at all. I'm saying that people who cannot understand that something was never meant to be offensive, and thus can't get a grasp of how people often function on the Internet, shouldn't be on the Internet. You've already completely ignored my point on how normally offensive words such as "faggot" or even "nigger", which would be inexcusable in real life, applies only as a two-dimensional insult with no actual intended offense involved, here on the Internet. "Think man."

@Whacka No, I'm not saying that at all. I'm saying that people who cannot understand that something was never meant to be...

Obviously you intended no actual offense, however on the internet, and in real life the word faggot, gay etc. are tossed around, I take offense to that. Word's prejudicial value are not and cannot be diluted just because they're on the internet. You said, and I quote "I was never insinuating you were actually a faggot." I think you'll agree that there are some negative connotations with the word. So you call me a faggot, then you say you never meant that I was actually gay....so you just meant what then? That I was stupid, or ignorant? Perhaps using the word you mean instead of calling someone a homosexual would get your point delivered more effectively

@aclw123 Obviously you intended no actual offense, however on the internet, and in real life the word faggot, gay etc. are...

How was I supposed to know that you weren't familiar with the way that Internet insults operate? I had originally found the picture from another website, thought it was funny and bookmarked it. Seeing as almost nobody I've ever talked to takes offense to my, and other people's, usage of the word Faggot, I had assumed that you weren't sensitive enough to do so. Just about every insult word on the Internet means more or less the same, so I logically didn't think it would matter whether it said "You are a faggot" or "You are a dumbass" or "You are a tosser".

@Whacka How was I supposed to know that you weren't familiar with the way that Internet insults operate? I had originally...

I'm completely aware of the way internet insults operate, I don't think you understood what i'm saying. I'm saying that the word faggot shouldn't be synonymous with the word dumbass, that is they shouldn't be interchanged at will for the same effect. The word faggot in and of itself isn't the offensive part, its how it's being used. And of course i'm sensitive to the derogatory use of the word, my dads are gay -_- wtf do you expect?

@aclw123 I'm completely aware of the way internet insults operate, I don't think you understood what i'm saying. I'm saying...

You may say that the word faggot shouldn't be synonymous with the word dumbass, but the inevitable fact is, that on the Internet, it is indeed synonymous. You may argue otherwise, but the fact remains unchanged. It's something you're going to need to deal with upon using the Internet. The notion is even stronger in this case; imagine a random person comes up to your dad in the street and says "You're a faggot." Do you think he'll be offended? No, because how would he have known your dad was gay? The same applies here, it was as a two-dimensional insult.

Whackas avatar Whacka No Way +1Reply
@Whacka You may say that the word faggot shouldn't be synonymous with the word dumbass, but the inevitable fact is, that on...

Okay, so i'm doing my best to argue against the fact that the terms are synonymous. I'm "dealing" with it, if you will. Just because something is, doesn't mean it should be, or has to remain that way.

aclw123s avatar aclw123 Yeah You Are 0Reply