+15

Prayer and bible study should be kept out of public schools, amirite?

0 4

Why? I mean, maybe not in the curriculum, sure. But you shouldn't stop a group of kids from meeting after school and discussing the Bible.

@danieljc2008 Why? I mean, maybe not in the curriculum, sure. But you shouldn't stop a group of kids from meeting after school...

That's not what I meant. Yes, I agree that a group of students should be allowed to discuss the bible after school. I'm talking about enforced prayers where everyone is involved or the bible as part of the curriculum. That is what shouldn't be allowed.

@That's not what I meant. Yes, I agree that a group of students should be allowed to discuss the bible after school...

Then yes, that makes sense. Even though The Constitution says that religion and government should be separate, banning prayer and bible studies in schools would be against the 1st Ammendment. It's also pretty messed up to force prayer. I would love for my school to offer a Bible class though.

Oh okay. Yeah... I guess I agree with you. I mean, I'm a serious Christian and stuff, but... its not about forcing people to the Gospel. It's a choice. Of course, everybody should be presented with the opportunity to hear the Word of God, though.