+213

As much as you hate them, you are probably better off being put into the mean and strict teachers class. Think about it, are you more likely to do your homework for the teacher that gives punishments when you don't, or the teacher that probably won't even check? amirite?

yay_jacket_doonas avatar
0 7
The voters have decided that yay_jacket_doona is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I disagree. Above all, I'd want the teacher to be good at their job. Their personality comes second in regards to my education.

If the homework is worth points, I do it. If not, I probably won't.

And what do you mean by punishments?
"Sorry Mr. Larkin, I didn't do my physics homework."
"Well it looks like 50 lashings for you, boy."

@LinksLegionaire I disagree. Above all, I'd want the teacher to be good at their job. Their personality comes second in regards to...

By punishments I meant like a consequence (I probably could have used a better word) such as detention, or keeping you in at lunchtime, that's all.

I do my homework only if I feel I need to.
Or if I have to.

I'd be much happier otherwise with a nice teacher, so I'd rather be in that class.

Ram27s avatar Ram27 No Way 0Reply

But sometimes the mean teacher is also a terrible teacher.
I'm working on homework right now, and I WISH he didn't check it. The problem is it's to help you study for the test, and absolutely no one says it helps them with the tests. It's just buisy work.

@sighcantthinkofaname But sometimes the mean teacher is also a terrible teacher. I'm working on homework right now, and I WISH he didn't...

Yes I know there are also strict and terrible teachers, in this post I was just assuming a strict teacher in the sense that they make sure their students do their work, therefore hopefully understanding it better, as opposed to a laid back teacher who doesn't care as much.
Hmm maybe I should have left out the word "mean" haha

I can't ask my English teacher anything because she gets angry at me for "not listening" when I really just didn't understand.