+194

Lucid dreaming is awesome. Doing literally whatever you want for 8 hours with no danger or consequences,amirite?

Trishs avatar
2 20

Yes, but it's not for 8 hours.

Once I realized I was lucid dreaming, so I was like, "Holy shit ! I'm lucid dreaming !" That made me wake up....

OkNows avatar OkNow Agree +11Reply

I've been lucid dreaming involuntarily about every other night since I was 6. The 2 main things you'll be using this for is dream-sex and dream-flying. Getting off the ground for dream-flying is, surprisingly, still kind of difficult in a dream though.

LamWins avatar LamWin Agree +10Reply
@LamWin I've been lucid dreaming involuntarily about every other night since I was 6. The 2 main things you'll be using...

Once I realize that I'm lucid dreaming, I can never fly. It's physically impossible for me to get off the ground, even though a moment before I was flying perfectly with everyone else. Also, running. Sometimes I'll be running like a speed-demon, and once I realize what I'm doing, my legs seize up and I can't move.

@1690101

Get in the habit of keeping a dream journal. Also, make it a point to do reality checks throughout the day. For example, when you look at a clock do a double check to make sure the time is still there and is the same. (In dreams letters and numbers are either illegible or never say the same thing twice.) Once you get into that habit it'll eventually cross over into your dream state, and when you notice the inconsistency you will realize you're dreaming.

@1690101

Get into the habit of looking at your hands periodically, and saying to yourself "I will dream my own dream." Eventually you might end up doing one or the other while dreaming and realize the dream.

My lucid dreaming is not super controlled. At most I can change one small thing at a time and that usually wakes me up. I'm pretty sure there may be a few fibbers saying they can fly and cause explosions and what not.

I don't know, I don't think i've had one (The most I've had is what I refer to as half-dreams, where I can sort of control in when I'm half asleep. Based on what I've read it's not lucid dreaming)
For some reason the idea of it scares me a little. I like not being conscious.

@sighcantthinkofaname I don't know, I don't think i've had one (The most I've had is what I refer to as half-dreams, where I can sort of...

I have had the same as you. I have been working on it. So far I have good dream recall and incubation. I can't wait to fly :D

I second that ^

@1690239

Ah, I guess that makes sense. Whenever I've had a truly lucid dream I've been basically conscious at the time. Dangerous is a bit intense though.

@1690227

It can definitely have some negative effects on your mental health.

@Cpt_McMuffin It can definitely have some negative effects on your mental health.

Captain, do you speak from personal experience on this topic? Exactly how can lucid dreaming be detrimental to your emotional or mental well-being? I've not really heard anything negative but if there are risks or "side effects", I'd love to know.

@Trish Captain, do you speak from personal experience on this topic? Exactly how can lucid dreaming be detrimental to your...

I've heard it from some sources, but there's actually a lot of conflicting information. There's no hard evidence either way (my original comment was inaccurate, I apologize).

omg. I hate it though when you think your dreaming, and your not though. Its soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo embarrasing!