+209

It's sad how, in America, stupid people can make a fortune, amirite?

Image for post It's sad how, in America, stupid people can make a fortune, amirite?
eldoritos avatar
2 63
The voters have decided that eldorito is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.
@1698301

Eh, he came from an affluent and influential family, which is why he was able to get into Yale despite being an admittedly poor student and why he was able to get into political office. Money and connections got him much further in life than his intelligence, although I'm sure he is much more aware of political structures, world affairs, etc. than the average person.

@1698301

http://ctrlv.in/82479

He's so intelligent that he can even read a book upside down!

@1698301

@creeper That was a photoshopped image. I thought everybody since 2006 knew that. Oh wait, you were only 6 years old then.

@1698301

He was the first president to nearly get assassinated by a pretzel.

"One of the great things about books is sometimes there are some fantastic pictures." -George W. Bush

eldoritos avatar eldorito Yeah You Are +10Reply
@1698301

I wouldn't call Bush a genius, but I definitely wouldn't call him stupid. He's a sucky public speaker who never fails to put his foot in his mouth, and you could say he was a terrible president but he's definitely not stupid.

I'm not a Bush fan or supporter, by the way.

Why is Ron Paul up there?

Shadis avatar Shadi No Way +11Reply
@Shadi Why is Ron Paul up there?

Lol this is a somewhat amusing argument.why did no one reply to my comment?

Ron Paul is so radical. He wants to get rid of federal aid for college students. Which makes sense right? The stupider we are the better jobs we'll get and tired richer we become? And that whole Obama = socialist bull is so outdated, out makes my eyes water to read it. Imagine paying cops every time you want protection... LOL. So when they stop a burglary they'll give you a bill. THAT IS TRUE CAPITALISM. He also wants to get rid of public schools. Do you know what that means? A vote for Ron Paul is a vote for stupidity. And the only thing smart our founding fathers did that is smart is making the constitution so dynamic. Just because they wanted to practice isolationism THEN doesn't mean it's right NOW. Also israel has better weapons than the US....

eldoritos avatar eldorito Yeah You Are +2Reply
@eldorito Because he's stupid.

eldorito, how many times must we go over this before you finally admit to not actually knowing anything about Ron Paul?

@TheCatalyst eldorito, how many times must we go over this before you finally admit to not actually knowing anything about Ron Paul?

Paulbots claim that anybody who is remotely critical of Ron Paul knows nothing about Ron Paul.

eldoritos avatar eldorito Yeah You Are +3Reply
@eldorito Paulbots claim that anybody who is remotely critical of Ron Paul knows nothing about Ron Paul.

well you've obviously shown yourself to not actually know anything about him. throwing out ridiculous claims is not the best way to show your knowledge of a subject.

@TheCatalyst well you've obviously shown yourself to not actually know anything about him. throwing out ridiculous claims is not...

When I claim that he is racist and show evidence that he is racist, that is not a ridiculous claim.

eldoritos avatar eldorito Yeah You Are 0Reply
@eldorito When I claim that he is racist and show evidence that he is racist, that is not a ridiculous claim.

your "evidence" was an article that wasn't even written by Ron Paul, it was an article written by a man named James B. Powell. and when I proved to you were wrong with many different pieces of evidence you just ignored it.

@TheCatalyst your "evidence" was an article that wasn't even written by Ron Paul, it was an article written by a man named James...

He signed off on those racist newsletters. That either indicates:
a. agreeing, or
b. laziness.

@eldorito He signed off on those racist newsletters. That either indicates: a. agreeing, or b. laziness.

or C a mistake, newsletter editors have many different articles and such that they must wade through. often times the editor does not have time to thoroughly examine every article and think of every possible context that people could pull from the article. most of the supposed racist pieces weren't even outright racist or homophobic, but people could pull them into that context. and besides Ron Paul can't be a racist he is a libertarian, racism goes against the very basic ideologies of a libertarian. Ron Paul being a racist doesn't even make sense, I don't know how you can even justify believing this crap. like I encouraged you to do before, perhaps you should do a little research on the man, if you do you are sure to find that your claims are absolutely ridiculous.

@TheCatalyst or C a mistake, newsletter editors have many different articles and such that they must wade through. often times...

It would be one thing if it were a single incident, but there were many incidents where the newsletters were filled with racist spewings and his newsletter was neither thick, nor was it released too frequently (about once a month). If he wants to be the overseer of a (albeit smaller) government, he's going to have to be able to hold accountability for what he approves of and signs, which will be longer than a few pages every month.

Your claim about Ron Paul being a libertarian and, therefore, making it impossible for him to be a racist, is absurd. First of all, Ron Paul is not a full-blown libertarian. He is not interested in less government; he is interested in more government at state level. Also, he has cosponsored the Marriage Protection Act. Second of all, being a libertarian and a racist are compatible, just like being a Democrat and a homophobe are compatible and being a Republican and nonreligious are compatible.

You tell me to do some research on the man. I have done my research and, although he's better than any of the other Republicans, that's not saying much. I encourage you to do the same and look beyond thedailypaul or other media sources that blatantly

eldoritos avatar eldorito Yeah You Are -3Reply
@eldorito It would be one thing if it were a single incident, but there were many incidents where the newsletters were filled...

well I've not seen a single one of those newsletters that actually refers to any race. all of the "racism" that exists within the newsletters is based on assumptions.

his is indeed interested in less government all together, but he believes that the federal government does not have the authority to do many of the things that they do, so he would rather leave those matters up to the states so they can decide for themselves. excuse me, I should not say that it is impossible but it is highly unlikely for a libertarian to be a racist. on of the basic values of libertarianism is that people should be left alone to do what they wish with their lives. libertarianism sees all individuals as equals, and someone who believes this is very unlikely to be a racist.

actually I don't even read thedailypaul, I take my news from many libertarian and conservative sources many of which are not really pro Ron Paul and sometimes even liberal sources (though not often because I find most of them to be bullshit). he is the only candidate for the presidency that wishes to protect liberty. and don't even say that Obama wants to protect liberty because you know damn well that's a load.

@TheCatalyst well I've not seen a single one of those newsletters that actually refers to any race. all of the "racism" that...

Sorry about the late response. Finals week and all.

He described black people in Washington, D.C. as "semi-criminal or entirely criminal." Also, he said that "urban youths...play whites like pianos." "Urban" is a code word for black people and Latinos. Also, he stated that he would not have supported the Civil Rights Act of 1964.

Glad to see that you read outside of thedailypaul. However, do you have any criticisms of him? If you don't have any criticisms of a politician, then you don't know that much about him/her.

As for Obama protecting freedom:
• He lowered the costs of prescription drugs for 3.6 million people (which, the more money you have, the more freedom you have).
• He eliminated an EPA rule that treated spilled milk like oil.
• He enabled 32 million people to get health care.

eldoritos avatar eldorito Yeah You Are +1Reply
@eldorito Sorry about the late response. Finals week and all. He described black people in Washington, D.C. as...

no problems

well HE did not describe any of that because he didn't write it. and he did not say that he would not have supported the civil rights act of 1964. what he said is that it did not accomplish what it was supposed to, instead he believes it added more racial tension by forcing business owners to follow affirmative action which in itself is a bullshit and racist system. this is a short article explaining why he voted against H.Res. 676. http://www.ronpaul.com/on-the-i...il-rights-act/
I personally think it is a completely legitimate reason.

oh of course I have criticisms, a really big one being that I am unsure of what he would do in support of Israel in case of war. as a Christian I am a strong supporter of Israel, and I believe that Ron Paul's non interventionist foreign policy may cause him to question supporting Israel if they do go to war. that's just one example of criticism.

• that does not support freedom, that is just government interference with the market economy.
  • I'll give you that one
  • once again not supporting freedom, just socialism.

all I need to say to prove Obama doesn't give a shit about the constitution is he signed the NDAA of 2012.

@TheCatalyst no problems well HE did not describe any of that because he didn't write it. and he did not say that he would not...

Again, sorry for the delay. More finals, packing, moving back to Tulsa, and unpacking. Plus, I had a response typed up, but I accidentally the window.

Maybe he opposed the Civil Rights Act for that reason, but it really didn't add racial tension. I do agree that affirmative action is bullcrap, but before the CRA, businesses could deny service and employment opportunities because somebody was black. A set of equally-qualified people of different races applying to the same job is less likely than the former situation.

As I said, the more money you have, the more freedom you have. Somebody working 70 hours per week just to get by does not have as much freedom as somebody working 40 hours per week and being able to do fun stuff, even in a socialist country.

As for NDAA, that actually had a 2/3 majority, so Obama didn't really have a choice. It was two nays away from not having a 2/3 majority and Ron Paul did not vote either way, which is not atypical of him (he has had a 93% attendance rate throughout his campaign, higher than both McCain and Obama during their campaigns.) Also, the bill does not allow the government to detain citizens (although I'll say that it should give...

@eldorito Again, sorry for the delay. More finals, packing, moving back to Tulsa, and unpacking. Plus, I had a response typed...

I can't really say that it added to racial tensions but I can't imagine that forcing white business owners to hire minorities did anything to improve them as was the goal of the CRA.

I think you are confusing freedom with free time and disposable income. supporting freedom doesn't have anything to do with reducing work hours or giving a bigger paycheck.

he still could have vetoed the bill, now with a 2/3 majority they could have overridden the veto, but any man who supports the constitution would have vetoed it and at least sent it back through the process again. and yes it does allow for the detainment of American citizens. section 1021 of the NDAA 2012 allows for the indefinite detention of ANYONE who commits a "belligerent act" against the U.S. the phrase "belligerent act" used in the NDAA is so vague they can literally arrest you for anything. just as an example "belligerence" is that little thing that cops arrest people for when they piss them of. it's so vague it can be anything from shouting to using profanity. and it's already painfully obvious that he is going to sign CISPA when it gets to him. he just can't wait to strip more freedom away.

@Shadi Why is Ron Paul up there?

Also I have big fingers and on mobile... d smilie

I don't agree with the post specifying America, as if stupid people only make a lot of money in the USA. Yes, there are many, many stupid rich people in the US, but there are also other countries where stupid people are making money. I'm sure there is atleast one (probably many more) pop artist in other countries who is making a ton of money for singing about "hoez, bitchez, and money."

@goodtime I don't agree with the post specifying America, as if stupid people only make a lot of money in the USA. Yes, there...

THIS post is specifying America beacuse all the people in it are American, if you want go ahead and make one about a different country.

cecilbibbss avatar cecilbibbs Yeah You Are +1Reply

That is true; however, what if I didn't want to or couldn't seethe picture and just saw a post stating "It's sad how, in America, stupid people can make a fortune, amirite?" That would make it seem as if OP thought all countries besides America had no stupid people making a lot of money, amirite?

Larry the cable guy is pretty cool. He's just acting anyways. Other than him I agree.

Very sad indeed. If anyone wants to argue why a certain picture shouldn't be up there, comment here. Because I'd like to argue you about it!

@KickAss Very sad indeed. If anyone wants to argue why a certain picture shouldn't be up there, comment here. Because I'd...

Larry The Cable Guy isn't actually that dumb. Don't get me wrong he's no genius. But he's entire persona that people see on TV is an act. He doesn't even have an accent. That's kind of impressive in my opinion.

I really don't understand why there are so many Bush haters. Yeah, he has a country accent that make his brain farts sound even worse, but the dude graduated from Yale. Nobody stupid has ever been elected President of the U.S. I think he deserves a lot more respect for getting our country through an extremely rough 8 years whether agree with what he did or not.

Hey that's mean. Just because people don't make wise choices doesn't make them stupid. Obviously, they thought their decisions through, and thought it was the right choice. Just because their views aren't the same as yours doesn't make them stupid.

SuperSukhs avatar SuperSukh Yeah You Are +7Reply

Ok someone give me an at least semi valid argument for Ron Paul being on the picture so I can slap it down.

@TheCatalyst Ok someone give me an at least semi valid argument for Ron Paul being on the picture so I can slap it down.

Maybe some people just don't agree with his views. They think he is stupid, because they think his views are stupid. It's an OPINION. You're being a little obsessive about it.

Eldorito, you're a liberal, amirite?

I fucking hate Larry The Cable Guy. dhat smilie

Not dipping into politics or anything, but during the 2008 campaign Sarah Palin released her tax returns and finiancial records, and while she's definitely middle class, she's not rich.

Swolshs avatar Swolsh No Way +1Reply

Wow. Putting Snooki and Larry the cable guy with Republicans. Obviously NON-biased.... wary smilie

Larry the Cable guy KNOWS he's not the smartest person in the world :P all the others in that picture believe they know all.

kellywellyas avatar kellywellya Yeah You Are 0Reply

Who's the fourth person (going left to right?)

But now dipping into politics, why only conservatives? Sure Michelle Bachmann and Jerry Falwell (sp?) are/were really extreme, but it's not like there aren't any questionable Democrats/liberals.

@Swolsh But now dipping into politics, why only conservatives? Sure Michelle Bachmann and Jerry Falwell (sp?) are/were...

Yes. Joe Lieberman, Fred Phelps (Yes, he was a staunch supporter of Gore and he once sued Ronald Reagan), the guy who bombed a bunch of abortion clinics in Oklahoma, and George Zimmerman.

And in South Africa. Jacob Zuma, Julius Malema, the rest of the corrupt ANC.

@1752879

Nicki Minaj.

KatieKaties avatar KatieKatie Yeah You Are +1Reply
@1752879

Why were you voted down for your comment?

x2502mans avatar x2502man Yeah You Are 0Reply
@1752879

..No clue. I'll favorite it to even it out.
That's better.

KatieKaties avatar KatieKatie Yeah You Are 0Reply

Obviously they're not THAT stupid if they're super rich.

A single picture of Snooki would have sufficed. I hate that bitch.