-9

Am I insane for thinking that to bring a new life to this world is selfish? I don’t want another life to experience the pain and unfairness of this world. Sex is a pleasure that has its outcome. The pleasure I will not experience because I don’t want a kid in this world. I haven’t done anything in life to deserve such carnal pleasure. A man by nature wants to pass on his genes and its something that I don’t want to be a part of. I don’t mind being by myself all my lifetime. amirite?

1 19
The voters have decided that this post is wrong! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

People don't have children so that they can experience carnal pleasure; people have children because they want to have nurturing families and are biologically inclined to do so. And pleasure, physical or emotional, isn't something you "deserve." All humans have the right to pursue happiness. Also, you're being melodramatic. The world really isn't that bad of a place -- it's what you make of it.

That being said, not wanting to have children is perfectly fine. But to say those who do want to have children are selfish is wrong.

@DanielJames People don't have children so that they can experience carnal pleasure; people have children because they want to...

When you think about it having children is just a really narcissistic act. People want to see the genes of them and their loved one in a little baby that they get to mold into whatever they like. After that they get to gawk at the child and show people what great parents they are. No act is completely selfless.

ejayes avatar ejaye No Way -2Reply
@ejaye When you think about it having children is just a really narcissistic act. People want to see the genes of them and...

When you explain it like that, sure. You could also say: people want to extend their love and compassion to others on the most intimate level - parenthood. They want to create a nurturing and loving environment for their children and eventually give them all that they have left, so that they may experience happiness and success.

You can paint it however you want. Also, I agree that no act is completely selfless, but more often than not, parenthood is an altruistic decision. And even if it were selfish more often that not, that doesn't necessarily make it bad.

Or it could be that having a family will make their life whole, not that they wanna mold a little baby into whatever they like. If anyone has a kid just so they can mold it into whatever they like, they have some serious issues.

@Frank_n_Furter Or it could be that having a family will make their life whole, not that they wanna mold a little baby into...

Im sure there are people who do. People have children for all sorts of reasons. To fix a marriage, because they want something that will love them unconditionally, because they want their genes/lineage to carry on. Si I'm sure at least one person in the world has had a child merely for the sake of seeing how could of a parent he/she would be.

ejayes avatar ejaye No Way +1Reply

No way for you're not insane. But just because there is pain and unfairness in the world, doesn't mean it isn't out measured by the goodness and the fun.

@Frank_n_Furter No way for you're not insane. But just because there is pain and unfairness in the world, doesn't mean it isn't out...

Yeah thanks. I just believe that I would like to adopt a child that is already in this world than to bring one into this unfairness.

@Yeah thanks. I just believe that I would like to adopt a child that is already in this world than to bring one into...

I completely agree. Although that doesn't mean you can't have sex at all. Just don't get pregnant. I think adoption is the way to go.

ejayes avatar ejaye No Way +2Reply

TL;DNR version foreveralone smilie

@ChristianVanMatre TL;DNR version

Am I trippin' or was that "version troll smilie" not there before?

@ChristianVanMatre TL;DNR version

It's 4 1/2 lines... You're on a site where you have to read. Do you just quit at half a post?? And how can you NW if you didn't read it?

Thank you baby Jesus someone else understands!

Chewbanshees avatar Chewbanshee Yeah You Are 0Reply