-6

It is so sad how some schools in the US are under fire and getting sued for making us stand for the pledge of allegiance, If you cant take 5 minutes to pay respect to our country, Why not just piss on my friends grave who died from driving over an IED while on duty last year, amirite?

mydaddidntpullouts avatar
0 9
The voters have decided that mydaddidntpullout is wrong! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Some people don't stand for the pledge because of religious reasons. I've known Atheists who don't want to stand because of the "One Nation Under God" part and they don't think it's fair to have to be associated with a religion/spirituality they don't believe in because church and state are supposed to be separate and mentioning God in the pledge of allegiance violates that. On the other hand, I've known people who don't stand because they want to pledge their allegiance to God and not to a symbol and/or a nation.

Even without the religious connotation, some don't stand because they feel that there isn't "liberty and justice for all" since gay marriage is illegal and the lack of gay rights in the States.

Personally, I have never been one for patriotism. I feel it divides people so that they see each other for where they're from rather than fellow human beings. But hey, that's just me.

@ContinuityMistake Some people don't stand for the pledge because of religious reasons. I've known Atheists who don't want to stand...

we still our freedoms, but what I'm getting at is that some have the audacity to sue, and that's fine, I'm very patriotic, but I tend to the middle because I like to stay open minded and it seems that there is more ignorance, I would rather not be a hardcore liberal or a nazi. They are completely cut off from the real world,

@mydaddidntpullout we still our freedoms, but what I'm getting at is that some have the audacity to sue, and that's fine, I'm very...

They are, I agree. I do think suing is going too far and I also think that suspending kids for not standing is also going too far. If some want to say the pledge, then that's cool but if some don't, well that's cool too.

Hardcore liberal = Nazi?

There are people from all groups that are "cut off from the real world". Since you're so patriotic, why not view liberals as part of our country instead of some separate extension of it? Plus Nazis aren't even originally from America so I don't know why you included that.

@spareseconds Hardcore liberal = Nazi? There are people from all groups that are "cut off from the real world". Since you're so...

I'm just saying I noticed the extremes are where the most ignorant are nazis are right wing extremists, and hardcore liberals are left wing extremists

@mydaddidntpullout I'm just saying I noticed the extremes are where the most ignorant are nazis are right wing extremists, and...

I just think it would've made more sense if you said right wing extremists, because even the most extreme right wingers aren't Nazis. But I get what you're saying. Yeah, extremists are pretty cut off but I mean we're all still Americans. Unfortunately, some people are still going to have really ignorant ideas and beliefs.

5 minutes to say the pledge?