+21

It would be cool if a modern physicist became a household name like like Albert Einstein was (and still is) amirite?

Frank_n_Furters avatar
1 7
The voters have decided that Frank_n_Furter is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Hawking?

Suzywaos avatar Suzywao Yeah You Are +5Reply
@Suzywao Hawking?

He's pretty famous but not like Einstein. I'm surprised at the amount of people that don't know who he is when I talk about him. And half the people that I talk to about him with that do know who he is refer to him as "that wheel chair/retarded guy".

Frank_n_Furters avatar Frank_n_Furter Yeah You Are 0Reply
@Frank_n_Furter He's pretty famous but not like Einstein. I'm surprised at the amount of people that don't know who he is when I...

Dear God. How about Sagan as well, if he counts?

But that's a fair point, maybe he only seems well known to me because he is well known in the circle of people I surround myself with.

Suzywaos avatar Suzywao Yeah You Are +1Reply
@1703196

I've never heard of any of them beside Stephen Hawking. And even he's not realyl a household name.