insert_usernames avatar
0 4
The voters have decided that insert_username is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I don't get it ... sorry for asking you to explain the joke, but is there some pun or something I'm not getting?

(I have been to Norfolk Island once btw. It was pretty meh. Shitty food.)

Simons avatar Simon Yeah You Are +1Reply
@Simon I don't get it ... sorry for asking you to explain the joke, but is there some pun or something I'm not...

You probably speak much more articulately, but if spoken quickly Norfolk sounds like No-Fuck. Hence the celebration of virginity.

insert_usernames avatar insert_username Yeah You Are +1Reply
@insert_username You probably speak much more articulately, but if spoken quickly Norfolk sounds like No-Fuck. Hence the celebration...

Ohhh, I was wondering if it was a pun of some sort, or something in particular about the island.

I can /kinda/ see the No-Fuck pronunciation, (I don't really pronounce the L in Norfolk either) but its a bit of a stretch.

@Simon Ohhh, I was wondering if it was a pun of some sort, or something in particular about the island. I can /kinda/ see...

In the accent the joke was told it sounded like a pun, it doesn't work written down at all, and it just sounds like an insult to people who live there.