+184

It would be strange if there was a speech impediment where the person spoke in a foreign accent involuntarily. "Cool accent! What is that Australian?" "Speech impediment, actually." Amirite?

natalie1106s avatar
3 5
The voters have decided that natalie1106 is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

There is. it's called foreign accent syndrome.it's caused by a specific type of brain damage.

Trishs avatar Trish Yeah You Are +12Reply

Something like this was on 20/20 last night. This girl had lime disease, and there were all these side effects. The speech impediment/accent was one of them.

@ThisBlackChick Something like this was on 20/20 last night. This girl had lime disease, and there were all these side effects. The...

I saw that! She would randomly start speaking in a Russian accent and she couldn't control it.

sydnaynays avatar sydnaynay Yeah You Are 0Reply

There's a kid at my school who sounds like he has a British accent, however, it is indeed a speech impediment. He embraces it wholeheartedly though.

And then they move to Australia. "Yeah, my speech impediment is that I talk like you guys."

Herp.

Emperorerrors avatar Emperorerror Yeah You Are +1Reply