+177

Its crazy to think that earth could just be an atom, in the particles of something much larger's universe, amirite?

Starkiller731s avatar
0 6
The voters have decided that Starkiller731 is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

reminds me of horton hears a who

Superhippos avatar Superhippo Yeah You Are +3Reply
@Superhippo reminds me of horton hears a who

Actually that's a perfect example of what I mean. I didn't even think about that.

Starkiller731s avatar Starkiller731 Yeah You Are +1Reply

I think it would make more sense if the universe were like a lepton or quark in a bigger universe, and our leptons and quarks are other universes. It would explain why thye seem 'fuzzy', and the Great Wall could be a superstring of the larger universe.

@B10ckH34d I think it would make more sense if the universe were like a lepton or quark in a bigger universe, and our leptons...

thye is a typo. It was supposed to be they. Okay, an electron is a type of lepton. There are also muons and tauons (also just called tau leptons) Each type has a neutrino counterpart, which is smaller but has similar characteristics. The electron is the smallest and only stable one, which is why it's so common and widely known.

A protons and neutrons (nucleons) are made of three quarks each. There are six 'flavours' of quark, up, down, charm, strange, top and bottom. Only up and down are stable because they are the lightest ones. Two ups and a down make a proton and two downs and an up make a neutron.

So far, there is no proof that quarks and leptons are made of smaller things (quarks have been proposed to be made of preons). As such, they are considered elementary and are just one piece. You can't divide them like how you can't divide the universe. You can divide the matter in the universe, but you can't divide space itself.

A superstring twists into different shapes to make elementary particles. Our universe may be a quark, and its super string shape is the Great Wall. Message me if you want more, or go to Wikipedia for a more complicated and in depth explanation.

I started out feeling stupid that I didn't realize "thye" was a typo. My self-esteem went downhill from there. Thanks for trying, but I'm just going to assume that the post is correct and that this is interesting.

PinkSponges avatar PinkSponge Yeah You Are -2Reply

Please explain. I find all of this interesting, but I have no idea what it is. What are leptons and quarks, thye, and superstrings? You don't have to give a whole lecture, but I want to understand what we're talking about here!

PinkSponges avatar PinkSponge Yeah You Are -3Reply