+289

You can't really remember the older versions of websites, even though at the time they changed you treated it like it was the end of the fucking world. Instead of automatically assuming that change is bad before giving it a chance, hold your judgement and realize that the creators generally don't intentionally make changes for the worse, and that change is a sign of development, amirite?

Internet & Apps
1 20
@1715492

That's why I post.

@1715498

Does getting over changes mean they like it?

And not remembering how a website used to be, isn't the same as liking the new version. If a user enjoys the website, then they will stay, even if they don't like the modifications.

I do agree that the creator of a website isn't going to make "bad" changes on purpose, but he or she can make "bad" changes (meaning changes people don't like), if it makes the website "better (more marketable)."

@1715498

I miss the old youtube ;_;

OnePiecepkmns avatar OnePiecepkmn Yeah You Are +5Reply
@1715498

Just when I got used to having like 50 videos on my homepage and started scrolling down to watch older videos they shorten how many are on my homepage.
I also miss being able to delete videos from my homepage that I've already seen, and now the recommended videos section rarely changes unless I watch a video.

Yes, but change isn't necessarily good.

@Emperorerror Yes, but change isn't necessarily good.

Yes, of course, but this post makes it sound like it has to be good.

This is stupid. The creators couldn't change a website without expecting people to complain about it, because that's inevitable. People are going to complain. Plus, people shouldn't "hold their judgement" if the creators really want to make changes for the better. If everyone "held their judgement," the creator wouldn't know if anyone liked the new design, what he/she should change about it, etc. People complaining can be a good thing, if they offer constructive feedback along with it.

@The spacing? Wtf.

Yes, the spacing. Everything (posts, menus, etc) are way more spaced out than they were before and everything (buttons to vote, reply button, etc) is HUGE compared to what it used to be. Because of this, I think it makes the site look more childish than what it used to be. Now that's just my opinion. Once again, I'll get over it if it doesn't change back, but all I'm doing by saying I don't like it/think it helps the site is offering my feedback. That's all.

@shelbybuckffs This is stupid. The creators couldn't change a website without expecting people to complain about it, because...

But when people automatically say it's bad without even exploring the new layout, it's not very constructive.

@But when people automatically say it's bad without even exploring the new layout, it's not very constructive.

You don't understand. I don't have to "explore the new layout" to know I don't like how spaced out everything is. I'm not saying this change was terrible or that it takes away from the site because it doesn't. All I'm saying it that I personally thought it looked better before. If the creators decide to take my advice and go back to the old one, great. If they don't, it doesn't matter and I'll adjust to this layout. The end.

Like that one Facebook change that they brought in... Everyone flipped out and created petitions and raged. I can't even remember vaguely what it used to look like :(

deeviants avatar deeviant Yeah You Are +1Reply

I think some changes can improve a site, some can take away from it. Like, on tumblr I think it's stupid how now it'll open up a new page to see your own page. If I click on it I don't need to be on my dash anymore.
The new icons are nice though, and alt-Reblog is cool (I really should just download missing e though)

For this site I feel like the new design looks cool, and lazy mode is nice. But (and this is just me picking at little things) the posts seems somewhat larger, and I have to scroll more. Meh, I'll get used to it eventually.

Except for timeline. That still sucks