+307

It is far too hard to get comfortable in a coach flight, amirite?

Image for post It is far too hard to get comfortable in a coach flight, amirite?
Skr3wBalls avatar Travel
9 59
The voters have decided that Skr3wBall is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

yellow shirt's face is priceless.

notmuchnotmuchs avatar notmuchnotmuch Yeah You Are +36Reply
@notmuchnotmuch yellow shirt's face is priceless.

Second panel needs an 'I came' caption.

When people try to recline on me, I just straight up put my knees in the way until they give up (unless they're children, disabled or elderly). I've pissed a lot of people off, but it's worth it.

shorkians avatar shorkian Yeah You Are +20Reply
@shorkian When people try to recline on me, I just straight up put my knees in the way until they give up (unless they're...

I had to keep my feet up on the back of someone's seat the whole time and they kept giving me dirty looks and I was somewhat scared they might kill me because I was travelling alone..

goodtimes avatar goodtime Yeah You Are +4Reply

It's quite rude. They're not reclining their chair to annoy you. It's a function built into the chair, they might have had a long day and just need a quick nap.

@Deathelf It's quite rude. They're not reclining their chair to annoy you. It's a function built into the chair, they might...

Yeah and so does everyone else on the plane. You don't get to act like an asshole because you've had a long day, you can sleep when you get there because I'm not sacrificing my comfort and basic mobility on a 10 hour flight.

Naggss avatar Naggs Yeah You Are +3Reply
@Naggs Yeah and so does everyone else on the plane. You don't get to act like an asshole because you've had a long day...

Reclining your chair does not make you an asshole. It doesn't mean you're not taking others into consideration and it doesn't make you selfish.

@Deathelf Reclining your chair does not make you an asshole. It doesn't mean you're not taking others into consideration and...

This is just coming from travelling a lot and 9/10 times when I ask people to put their seat up because I can't move or because it makes me claustrophobic, they give me a lot of attitude. I've literally had a girl who told me to stop being a princess because she had reclined while I was eating...
I'm not saying everyone who travels is an asshole but people need to be more aware of their surroundings it's why I don't recline because I don't want to make the person behind me uncomfortable

I've got nothing personally against people who recline on me, but if they can't take the time to think "maybe this 6'5 guy with barely any leg room as it is doesn't need someone reclining on him", then I have little motivation to think that they may be in desperate need of a rest.

shorkians avatar shorkian Yeah You Are +1Reply
@shorkian I've got nothing personally against people who recline on me, but if they can't take the time to think "maybe this...

I just always think, what if this person has a job interview or maybe it's a lady with lots of children who needs the few hours of rest before facing that. I don't know, I usually think of people as caught up in their own problems before I consider that they're being inconsiderate or rude. I would slightly recline my chair in response because that usually solves the squished problem.

@Deathelf I just always think, what if this person has a job interview or maybe it's a lady with lots of children who needs...

I admire your attitude, but frankly, travelling doesn't put me in the best mood. I know that's no excuse to be a jerk but if they're not willing to assume that maybe I have a big job interview, then quid pro quo.

If I'm flying at night, though, I'm usually sympathetic to someone in need of a rest.

There is no way a coach seat can recline that far.

My boyfriend is 6'6" so we usually get moved to the emergency exit seats with more leg room cool smilie

SpearmintMilks avatar SpearmintMilk Yeah You Are +7Reply
@1787347

You only had 2 sentences in this chain of replies where you spelled everything right... just something I noticed.

Skr3wBalls avatar Skr3wBall Yeah You Are +6Reply
@1787347

Ene to be able to afford a plane tiket is rich. At least fore me. My famly is underpriveleged

@1787347

I hear you on the babies. I find myself wishing that they were sedated. Lol

@1787347

Why do you blame the parents? Sure, loud children on the plane are annoying, but not every child is the type to sit quietly and color, or behave. Provided that the parent is actually trying to take care of the kid, sometimes it's beyond their control. If being on the plane is so uncomfortable and tough for adults, imagine how it is for a child. I feel bad for the parent, with everyone giving them dirty looks.

@amiwhite Why do you blame the parents? Sure, loud children on the plane are annoying, but not every child is the type to sit...

Then just drug your kid up! Seriously all good parents give their kids gravol before they fly it makes them pass the fuck out

Naggss avatar Naggs Yeah You Are 0Reply
@1787347

I was troleing chill the fuck out man

@1787347

Oh quit your whining. Shit happens, deal with it. You actually sound like such an ungrateful diva it's rediculous.

@1727249

And they'll be like "*your" and you'll be like "You can see me speak?" and they'll be either like " No, I can read minds" or "yes, I had a coffee made with Red Bull an hour ago."

I'm sorry I don't usually Grammar Nazi people, much less those I agree with, but I think that train of thought had to be posted

All of these comments make me not want to get on a plane even more.

OMG CHASE YOU GOT POST OF THE DAY IM SO PROUD OF YOU! AFTER ALL THESE YEARS, YES! YES I WILL MARRY YOU STEPHANO <3

999s avatar 999 Yeah You Are +3Reply
@999 OMG CHASE YOU GOT POST OF THE DAY IM SO PROUD OF YOU! AFTER ALL THESE YEARS, YES! YES I WILL MARRY YOU STEPHANO <3

Kevlar... I've been here for one year and 4 months... and this is my second POTD... AND WHO IS THIS STEPHANO!?

School/activity buses are worse. I have to sit with my legs out in the isleway so there's no way I'll fit in the window seat.

Wunderscores avatar Wunderscore Yeah You Are +2Reply

I don't like it either, nor can my family afford business or first, but seriously, quit whining. Coach is not for comfort, just to be in the thing that gets you from A to B. There is more than enough leg room for a normal person if the guy in front doesn't recline. I'm 6'3 and I can fit with mild discomfort, and if I recline it fixes everything, even if the front guy reclines. The only problem is that not everyone want to recline at once.

You said "hard."

Haha sometimes it pays to be small! I've never had any problems with space on a plane

If you don't like it, why did you pay for it?

@AppAwesome If you don't like it, why did you pay for it?

Because it's the cheapest form of flight? Contrary to minor belief, money does not grow on trees so I can't afford better.

Skr3wBalls avatar Skr3wBall Yeah You Are +20Reply
@AppAwesome You get what you paid for...

I pay for coach because I cannot afford better! Of course it's gonna be bad, if I could afford better, I'd get better! I'm just saying just how bad coach can be. JetBlue (what I usually use) has okay-ish legroom.

Skr3wBalls avatar Skr3wBall Yeah You Are +9Reply
@AppAwesome If you can't afford better then you should have gotten a better job...

@AppAwesome, oh wow, that's a good suggestion, too bad he didn't think of it sooner!

Yes because the career options for fourteen year olds are very profitable.

KirstenAnns avatar KirstenAnn Yeah You Are +3Reply
@KirstenAnn Yes because the career options for fourteen year olds are very profitable.

Then your parents/guardians don't love you enough to get you seats that are comfortable.

@AppAwesome Then your parents/guardians don't love you enough to get you seats that are comfortable.

Odds are, I'm the reason they can't afford first class, I'm that extra seat that put them in coach. It's more like they love me enough to stay with me, not that love is measured by how comfortable you are in a plane.

Skr3wBalls avatar Skr3wBall Yeah You Are +3Reply
@Skr3wBall Odds are, I'm the reason they can't afford first class, I'm that extra seat that put them in coach. It's more like...

I'm sure that they could have saved a little more just so all three of you could get better seats... That way they love you both ways.

@1893785

... amirite is for opinions... they are supposed to be arguments...

This problem can be solved if you just buy first class. Such a simple solution, yet so many whiners.

@TheMisogynist This problem can be solved if you just buy first class. Such a simple solution, yet so many whiners.

If only we were all rich people who could toss money left and right buying first class plane tickets to where ever they wanted. Deal is, not everyone can afford first class flights and we aren't whining, it is true that coach is uncomfortable and it's not the best experience. If we could afford better we wouldn't complain, but we have the worst and the worst is... well... bad.

Skr3wBalls avatar Skr3wBall Yeah You Are +11Reply
@Ueki He's obviously trolling dude ._.

Yeah, but someone else had the exact same point, but they were serious so I just restated my statement for the last person.

Skr3wBalls avatar Skr3wBall Yeah You Are +1Reply
@1893786

Excuse me, but that's a little rude. Skr3wBall is not a "faggot" nor is he 13. Even if he is gay, we should avoid using the term out of respect. You ought to learn some manners.

I'm usually the guy leaning back...screw other people, it's my time to relax! Haha... I'm sorry...

SureImRites avatar SureImRite Yeah You Are -16Reply
@SureImRite I'm usually the guy leaning back...screw other people, it's my time to relax! Haha... I'm sorry...

If everyone had this attitude of superiority imagine how wonderful our world would be.

Wunderscores avatar Wunderscore Yeah You Are +39Reply
@Wunderscore If everyone had this attitude of superiority imagine how wonderful our world would be.

Don't be mad this chick is man enough to pursue what she wants and you're not. Enjoy your extra uncomfortable position for a couple hours. I hope not annoying the guy behind you who you will never meet again in your life was worth it.