+218

You feel bad for contestants on Food Network shows, because the judges are judging them mostly based on their opinions of the taste, which varies from person to person. amirite?

GiggityGoo22s avatar TV, Movies & Theatre
3 4
The voters have decided that GiggityGoo22 is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

A lot of the times, they judge in whether or not something was properly cooked (giving criticism if it's either undercooked or overlooked). Also, with their expertise, they know the kind of flavors that compliment each other and the texture of the food as well.

@AnnDeeva A lot of the times, they judge in whether or not something was properly cooked (giving criticism if it's either...

Yeah that's why I said mostly. I've just been watching Cupcake Wars though and the judges can be kind of annoying, because to me the cupcakes look so good.

GiggityGoo22s avatar GiggityGoo22 Yeah You Are +2Reply

Sometimes they praise things I think look horrible (One person made a corndog cupcake, and basically they just plopped half a hot-dog into the batter, diagonally. It was really weird, but they liked it), and then the things I like can be critisized for being "too simple"