-10

Banks should be nationalized and borrowing money should be free (you shouldn't have to pay interest). The state would pay for the service (perhaps using money from a tax increase for the rich) and you would only be allowed to borrow if you had a good reason and a certain amount of financial stability, amirite?

XilianEmpiress avatar Life
0 3
The voters have decided that XilianEmpires is wrong! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

If you disagree, I'd like to know why.

XilianEmpiress avatar XilianEmpires Yeah You Are 0Reply
@XilianEmpires If you disagree, I'd like to know why.

I think that the government should not be the one taking the risks, since then the people just end up paying for it themselves when something goes wrong. Also, the people that are 100% sure they can pay the loan back, aren't the ones that would need a loan in the first place.

The people taking the money wouldn't have to be 100% sure. Merely reasonably sure. And I disagree that people who are fully sure they can repay a loan aren't going to make one: you might have a stable financial income and yet not enough saved up to be able to buy a house, or a car.
It wouldn't be so much that the government would be taking a risk, because there would always be a small percentage of people unable to pay back the loans. But the government could take that into account when they set the budget.

Anonymous