+116

You can't claim to be against racism if you don't support homosexuals. People don't choose their skin color or where they're born, nor do they choose if they are attracted to the opposite or same sex, amirite?

Egotisticals avatar
11 157
The voters have decided that Egotistical is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Anyone else like me just not give a fuck about gay rights? When I say this I don't mean that you are against them, simply that you wish the American public would grow up and pass whatever laws needed so that when I turn on the T.V I don't have to hear about the life of some gay guy and his lover.

There are three things I hate in this world, homophobia, racism, and the black faggot that lives down the street.

YAYYYYYYYYY another POTD about the morality of being gay
.... d smilie

Favvkess avatar Favvkes No Way +34Reply

"Walk a mile in another man's shoes before you pass judgment."
Society is ignorant and could care less of how this may affect another unless it directly affects themselves. This is a generalization over several issues including this one.

Tribunes avatar Tribune Yeah You Are +32Reply

Those two things really don't go hand in hand. We may not be able to choose our skin color or sexuality, but we can choose our own morals and beliefs.

@SkylarOctavious Those two things really don't go hand in hand. We may not be able to choose our skin color or sexuality, but we can...

I didn't say it was right to judge/ hate them. I'm neither racist nor against homosexuality. I just don't see how you can sit there and basically tell someone that if they're against racism, that they should support gay rights. I agree with the last part of your post, but " You can't claim to be against racism if you don't support homosexuals" is extremely fallacious in my opinion.

When you realize someone has NO CONTROL over that aspect of their being, how can you possibly think it is okay to judge them, hate them, or think of them as less of a person?

Egotisticals avatar Egotistical Yeah You Are +29Reply

I can tell this might be one of those posts that people look at, and say to themselves "that sounds good! YYA" without actually thinking about what it says.

It's oversimplified but that really is the core of hatred with those two groups. They're both hating people over something they have absolutely no control over. I would say racism is similar to sexism, too. If you hate and discriminate over something a person can't control, you're as good as a racist. One discriminates against skin color and one discriminates against sexual orientation, but in the end the only thing you're discriminating against is their genetic makeup.

sparesecondss avatar spareseconds Yeah You Are +23Reply

So in other words, it's ok to hate people if you hate them all equally?
I see what you're saying, but no matter how many times you try to explain it's going to sound like bullshit to me.

Anon - no, I think it's more that if you're homophobic you can't get mad at racist people or say racism is really wrong, since it follows the same logic as your anti-homosexuality

It's kind of different when it's deciding who to hate rather than who not to hate. If I support interracial marriage because love is love and love is blind, then why would I not support gay marriage?

sparesecondss avatar spareseconds Yeah You Are +8Reply

Exactly! I shouldnt have to hate one group of people because I hate another. It can be contradictory. Logical? Maybe, but it's shitty logic, hence me calling it fallacious.

Yes, but they can also be contradictory morals and beliefs.

It's not that you have to support gay rights if you support civil rights, but it's the most logical thing to do. They're really not all that different.

sparesecondss avatar spareseconds Yeah You Are +7Reply

It's not that you should be racist, but at least you'd be justified (kinda) in being racist. If you believe it is okay to hate others for something they can't control, then what does it matter what that thing is? If you hate people for their genetic makeup, does it really matter what that genetic makeup entails? It just comes down to what degree of difference do you hate in people.

If someone's homophobic I wouldn't expect them to be racist, but at least they wouldn't be contradicting themselves if they were.

sparesecondss avatar spareseconds Yeah You Are +4Reply

You see saturnlite, you did choose to kill. You are not a killer until after you kill. You can have as much of a desire to kill someone as you want, but you are not a killer until you make the conscious choice to kill someone.

Being a certain race or being gay, on the other hand, are something that require no action. You're black without doing anything black (though that is not possible) and you are gay before you do anything gay (like have sex with someone of the same gender).

pikabeaus avatar pikabeau Yeah You Are +4Reply

@saturnlite88
The post was simplifying it. He could have written a 200-page essay about the topic. The point is the reasons against hating gays or blacks are the same, so using them against one group and not another is ridiculous.

personThingys avatar personThingy Yeah You Are +4Reply

@pikabeau
I just want to point out that most people with gay DNA who don't act on it aren't hated any more than people with murderous DNA who don't act on it. Being black, on the other hand, is something you can physically see, while murder and homosexuality both require an action to be acknowledged.

personThingys avatar personThingy Yeah You Are +3Reply

But that's you . Like I said in my first comment, people can choose their own morals and beliefs.

For "gayness" to be acknowledged, you do have to act on it in some way, I will admit that.

My point was that you are gay before you act on it, but you are not a killer until you act on it.

There are people who are hated on simply for being perceived as gay, so I wouldn't go so far as to say people who don't act on being gay are any less hated. It's all about perspective. Kind of like someone who is racist against Mexicans might be racist against someone who is not Mexican simply because they perceive them to be of Spanish decent.

pikabeaus avatar pikabeau Yeah You Are +1Reply

So if I don't dont believe homosexuality is right, I should be racist as well? I dont understand...

Oh, so there are MORE things to consider than just whether it's congenital or not! Gee whiz, who'd a thunk it??

Yeah, I don't choose who I kill either. I was just born with this insatiable blood lust. I then should be supported in this, amirite? It's not like I shouldn't be expected to change who I am because some people don't like it.

I get what your point is, but this post still makes no sense. You can be a homophobe who is also against racism because sexuality and race are two totally different things. Just because they both happen to be things people have no control over doesn't mean that people can't be prejudiced in one respect and not the other.

@foryoublue I get what your point is, but this post still makes no sense. You can be a homophobe who is also against racism...

You can be homophobic and not racist, but it makes no sense to be homophobic and against racism. You can't hate someone because of their DNA and then say it's wrong to hate people because of their DNA. There's no logical argument to justify disliking racism if you are homophobic.

personThingys avatar personThingy Yeah You Are +5Reply

Sir, even if it wasn't, at the end of the day they're still human beings. And we know that's genetic. That's all it comes down to.

Gay people are not sterile. For thousands of years homosexuals were getting married and having children because the church would kill them if they didn't. Also, the gene may not have been active. You can pass down a genetic trait without having that trait yourself.
What does adoption have to do with anything? You can't pass down genes to a child that was already born anyway. Also, orphans aren't some crazy new invention; they've been around for a while.

personThingys avatar personThingy Yeah You Are +1Reply

By that same logic, red hair would have died out long ago. Things can be genetic without having to be present in every single generation. Learn a bit more about genes before making this statement next time.

No, you're telling me no gay people ever had children? What about all those marriages where they have kids, and later split up for one of them is gay?

You're saying that the gay gene should have died out years ago because gay people in the future will not reproduce as much? Gay people have been reproducing for thousands of years, possibly in arranged marriage, or because they wanted money or power. Or maybe many of them did turn straight because they would be killed otherwise.
Then there's this link:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2...n_1590501.html
Your second link doesn't work, and your first link is way too long for me to read, but it seems to be saying that gay people can change, not that the DNA doesn't exist.
There is no gene in our DNA that gives us a 100% chance of being attracted to men or to women. So what? Last I checked, there is nothing in the Y chromosome which prevents or is necessary for a sex change. Gay people who want to be accepted can become straight, women who want to vote can become men, left-handed people who want to keep their hands can train their right hand, Jewish people who want to live can convert to Christianity, and black people who don't want to be slaves can probably do something to make their skin whiter.
OR
We can just accept people for what they are and treat people equally.

personThingys avatar personThingy Yeah You Are 0Reply

Being gay can't be genetic or gay people would have died out before adoption and in vitro fertilization were even a thing. And we don't know if it is, that's still a debate in the scientific community.

Obviously not every single gay person ever is going to never have biological kids. But a lot of them aren't going to, and evolutionarily speaking, the gene would die out. Also, the comparison to red heads is invalid. If a red haird person has kids, their kids might not have red hair but the gene could be passed down. If a gay person never had biological children, his genes wouldn't be passed down. http://www.cwfa.org/images/content/bornorbred.pdf http://www.opposingviews.com/ar...ay-gene-theory If you're going to tell me to learn a bit more, maybe you should too. Just about any information you find on a "gay gene" will tell you that there isn't one.

You also don't chose what your emotional reaction is to other people.

@1741678

I completely agree with that first part, OP some people are born as psychopaths, it's their uncontrolled genetic make up and they have as little choice as homosexuals. But that definitely does not mean I have to support them for being born that way.

@1741678

Just because "sexual morality" is frequently debated doesn't mean there isn't a right side and a wrong side. Racial inferiority used to be frequently debated. And honestly, reasoning doesn't matter when you're putting down a group of people who aren't hurting anyone. Bigotry is wrong, no matter the 'why' and no matter how common an opinion it is.

People have different reasons for being against homosexuality than they do for being against ethnic minorities.

@People have different reasons for being against homosexuality than they do for being against ethnic minorities.

So athiests cant think homosexuality is gross now? Stop gereralizing. Not all religious people beleive being gay is wrong and not all non religious people think its ok.

There are people who hate blacks or Hispanics and that has nothing to do with religion. The same can (and does) apply for homosexuals.

When the fuck did homosexual become a race?

@ThisChick When the fuck did homosexual become a race?

I am a person of techincalities. And don't take things so personal, like I said I liked -their- logic, meaning I didn't write that shit.

It's saying that homophobia and racism are both discrimination, and it makes no sense to say that one is acceptable and one is not. It never said that homosexuality was a race.

personThingys avatar personThingy Yeah You Are -1Reply

Actually, it kind of did. Maybe stop being a douche and look a little closer? OP equated being against homosexuality to racism. It's a common misdirection tactic in flawed logic. "You can't claim to be against racism if you don't support homosexuals."

can't be against racism if you don't support homosexuals.
implying not supporting homosexuality is a racist train of thought.
implying homophobia = form of racism

I like the logic this person used ^

So I didn't automatically agree with whatever you say, therefore I'm a douche? Nice logic you got there.
Fine. Let's assume that the specific choice of the first few words the post uses does accidentally imply that homosexuality is a race. So what? You know fully well what the OP meant.

Did you even read the first sentence? It implies that it is a race, or that races are sexual orientation. Being black or asian or white has nothing to do with being straight or gay.

@1760897

What I think they means is that discriminating homosexuals is just as bad as racial discrimination, not that they're the same thing.

Cpt_McMuffins avatar Cpt_McMuffin Yeah You Are +1Reply
@1760897

it never called homophobia racism. Maybe you should actually take a minute to read the post?

@1760897

Ah, so basically when the argument doesn't go your way, you no longer give a fuck. Very mature.

@1741641

Race doesn't have a strong influence on behavior. Maybe the culture of that race, but not skin color itself.

sparesecondss avatar spareseconds Yeah You Are +13Reply
@1741641

You could always move out of that area but you'll always have the same skin color. You can get a different cultural influence but skin color can't be changed.

sparesecondss avatar spareseconds Yeah You Are +6Reply
@1741641

You don't really have much control over where you live as a minor. Which is when the culture you live with has the most significant influence.

@1741641

Well you see, those two comments are talking about separate things.
Being gay has nothing to do with behavior. You can be gay without doing anything stereotypically gay, just like you can be black without doing anything stereotypically black.
But, I do believe that your sexuality and/or your race can affect your behavior. And I think that race affects behavior just as much as sexuality affects behavior.

pikabeaus avatar pikabeau Yeah You Are +3Reply
@1741641

It seemed like you said something very different.
I thought you meant that being a certain race affects how you act, but being gay doesn't. (I say in a lot of cases, it does affect how you act)
And then you said that it's (I'm assuming the being gay thing) isn't as uncontrollable as race, which I disagreed with.

@1741641

There seems to be a gay subculture in today's society. Not all gay people fit into it, but a lot of them do.

Whenever people say they hate (or don't like) gay people it's usually because of how they perceive gay people to be. That's the same reason some people are racist. It's all because of the stereotypes of groups of people.

In reality, being gay has nothing to do with behavior though.

pikabeaus avatar pikabeau Yeah You Are 0Reply
@1741641

I would say race and homosexuality affect behavior equally.
There are certain expectations that many minorities feel they need to live up to and there are also expectations gay people feel they need to live up to.
It just seems like race affects behavior more because there are more racial groups than sexual groups.

People can be racist and not be homophobic. People can be homophobic and not be racist. I've seen people of both types. And someone can be against racism and not support homosexuals. That doesn't mean that they're against homosexuals, but that they simply don't care, which is fine considering there are so many other equally important issues to focus on.

the OP is just saying that you can't be against racism and be homophobic for the same reasons. not saying the homophobia is racism, just that the two ideas come from the same idea of having no control of the way you are. OP's point is that if you're anti-racist, by the same reasoning you should be anti-homophobic or else you're contradicting your own beliefs.

This reminds me of an old story my sister once told me.
She was having a debate in ethnics class about gay marriage, when suddenly a mixed guy went on against gay marriage.

He said, "If they let them marry, people will want to start marrying dogs and other animals!"
My sister looked at him and said, "Hey, that's kind of funny. You know they used that same argument against interracial marriage?"

What about homosexuals that are racist?

@1760878

NO. PICK A SIDE SO WE CAN LOVE YOU OR HATE YOU.

• Yours truly, Society
@1760878

Yeah. I think that's kinda the goal.

I suggest you search the definition of "racism".

There is fundamentally no difference between prejudice towards a race and prejudice towards a sexuality. They are two aspects of a person's life that that person has no control over. I don't understand what problem the commenters above have with this.

Cpt_McMuffins avatar Cpt_McMuffin Yeah You Are +4Reply

I'm getting rather sick of POTDs about homosexuality. d smilie And I'm not even against it.

@Nacklefoodle I'm getting rather sick of POTDs about homosexuality. And I'm not even against it.

I'm getting sick of your whiny "suicidal" bullshit, but I don't go on your posts an complain about it.

lolwut smilie How is the idea of a peaceful facility for suicides even whiny? And have you seen my posts? I've made a total of around 3 suicidal ones, while homosexuality is included in like half the POTDs.

@Nacklefoodle How is the idea of a peaceful facility for suicides even whiny? And have you seen my posts? I've made...

Half? Really? lolwut smilie. If you're going to say something. At least don't pull it out of your ass. I mean if half of them are about homosexualliy then half of everything you post is about how "suicidal" you are. Thought people who were suicidal actually killed themselves at one point. You can say I'm wrong because I am just as wrong as you

It's certainly not half, but leaving the jokes behind there's been two regarding homosexuality in the last 6 POTDs (I checked). While there has been only one post about suicide in my latest 20 posts. So it's not the same. Besides my posts aren't even "about how 'suicidal' I am" anyway, the booth one was an idea, the one addressed to suicidals was a funny thing I noticed, and my third one was just a thought about suicide in general. Each of the POTDs just creates a discussion on the morality of homosexuality. It's the same thing with minor differences.

And I still haven't killed myself because the date that I've set hasn't come yet. A thing like this is pretty important, the last thing you will ever do. I still need to finish some things and plan it properly. You're not wrong, you're just ignorant.

As a gay man I'm incredibly tired of seeing these post.

Scientists avatar Scientist Yeah You Are +3Reply

Even though not supporting gays is retarded, homophobia is not racism.

It's not that simple. The thing is, the majority of people against homosexual rights consider it a choice. Therefore, it's not on par with racism to them.

@Emperorerror But that doesn't matter. What matters is what people believe it is.

it's still the same. It's based on ignorence. If someone actually believes homosexuallity is a choice they are just as stupid as someone who thinks that racism is okay.

@Emperorerror It's not that simple. The thing is, the majority of people against homosexual rights consider it a choice...

But this argument is assuming all people are completely non-ignorant, which is a ridiculous assertion.

yeah, when people hate on homosexuality, it's not on having a gay orientation, but acting on it. Which is something you have more control over than being a certaim race

@yeah, when people hate on homosexuality, it's not on having a gay orientation, but acting on it. Which is something...

1. Many people are put down because they're suspected of being gay, even though they have yet to participate in homosexual acts.
2. Saying one type of person can act on their feelings whereas another type of person can't, when neither group is doing any harm, is discrimination.

I'm gay and I really don't agree with this post because...
A) You don't need to support gay rights in order to not be against gays. You can be indifferent to the issue without being against gay rights.
B) It is possible to stay in the closet, it is not possible to change your skin colour (except if you bleach it I suppose).
C) Racists and Anit-Gays are two different groups, no matter how wrong each group is.
D) Agreeing to this post is like saying "If you like ice cream, you must like gorgonzola cheese, because they're both made from milk." That was an awful example; oh well.

Don't get me wrong, I want the right to marry who I want and serve in the military, but racism is not the same as being against homosexuals.

@I'm gay and I really don't agree with this post because... A) You don't need to support gay rights in order to not...

Racism and anti-homosexuality aren't the same thing, but one is just as bad as the other, and they're both bad for the same reasons. I believe that is the point of the post.

Cpt_McMuffins avatar Cpt_McMuffin Yeah You Are +2Reply

Wow look a post that hasn't been posted millions of times with different wording! Up till this post, OP, I was against gay marriage, but this one post, amongst all the others, finally made me realize how wrong I was. Thank you Op, thank you.

@Sergio Wow look a post that hasn't been posted millions of times with different wording! Up till this post, OP, I was...

look, another stupid fuck complaining about posts about homophobia. Just using different words. Thbak you, Sergio. Until now I had no idea that people didn't like posts like these.

HopeImrites avatar HopeImrite Yeah You Are +2Reply

GAY IS NOT A RACE.

This post conveniently ignores the fact that it IS possible to be racist but not mind homosexuals, or to be okay with homosexuals but be racist. Not to mention the fact that there are people of all races who are homophobic, despite having experienced racism, and there are homosexuals who are racist as well. People think what they want to, and believe what they want to. No matter whether or not you think it's wrong or stupid, that's what they think. You probably can't change that either.

Besides which, the people who have these opinions don't give a fuck if the people they hate have a choice in who they are. They hate them for existing, they don't care why they do. They just want them away from them.

Hatred toward particular groups depends upon how the person has been brought up, the kind of people they know and other influences in their life such as their culture and their beliefs. People view different kinds of prejudice as seperate, not linking them all together and so feel they can justify their hatred of gay people so long as they don't hate people for their skin colour, or vice versa.

I'm not saying this is how things should be, or that I like it. Just that they are.

@1761525

Explain, please.

@1761525

Like I said above, none of that matters once you realize that is out of people's control. Honestly, just think about that.

Egotisticals avatar Egotistical Yeah You Are +1Reply

Is it just me or are almost all of the POTDs about homosexuals??

@abbeyd Is it just me or are almost all of the POTDs about homosexuals??

Yeah, I actually just went and looked through the past POTD's. I didn't go back very far cause I'm rather lazy but I didn't see much.

Egotisticals avatar Egotistical Yeah You Are +2Reply

Keep in mind that most people against gay rights consider it a choice. so they don't see it with the same logic.

@KoalaHugger_ Keep in mind that most people against gay rights consider it a choice. so they don't see it with the same logic.

If they think that it's a choice then I'm pretty sure they don't know how to think logically.

I like how people voted down that comment. It's just a fact that a lot of people believe that. I think the whole "it's a choice" thing is bullshit, but then again I'm not someone who opposes gays.
Like ali_d said, it's a stupid viewpoint but I'm not gonna pretend that there aren't people who have it.

She didn't say that they're being logical. She just pointed out the fact that a lot of people who don't support gay rights think that being gay is a choice. It's stupid, but it's true.

ali_ds avatar ali_d No Way 0Reply

I'm not saying that hating gays is okay, but someone can be against gays but not be racist. Those two things don't really go together all the time.

Not the same thing.

@Not the same thing.

OH MY GOD WHAT? ARE YOU TELLING ME RACISM AND HOMOPHOBIA ARE DIFFERENT?

Egotisticals avatar Egotistical Yeah You Are 0Reply

Last time I checked, your race has nothing to do with sexual preference, so you can be against racism if you don't support homosexuals.

@cookiedough Last time I checked, your race has nothing to do with sexual preference, so you can be against racism if you don't...

What the hell? Were you saying that in the sense that if I'm canadian, I'm more prone to be gay? Yes, obviously they have nothing do with each other in that case. They DO have something in common though and that's the fact that both are out of your own control. You didn't choose to be that way. That's all I'm saying.
And yes I'm aware it's physically possible to be for one and against the other. It's just not very logical.

Religion, politics, and discrimination- the three easiest ways to start a battle of the most opinionated.

@1741781

I never said they were the same? I was pointing out the hypocrisy of the situation.

@1741781

The post doesn't say homosexuality and race are related. It's saying that homophobia and racism are both wrong for the same reasons. Homophobes are saying that racism is wrong because race is not a choice, and then saying that homophobia is okay even though sexuality is not a choice. Yes, it's hypocritical.

@1760873

Why are we fucking shit?

@1760974

Hating a group of people over some in the group's lifestyle choices is still in the same boat as racism. You hate someone for something they have no choice on. (Not saying that you personally hate gay people, just easier to write it that way)

So im sure this has been commented above but i didnt read all of it but homosexuals arent a race. So someone could be against racism but still have reservations about homosexuality. Perhaps a fairly good moraled christian? Anyways to be a race im pretty sure you have to be able to reproduce. But i still think racism and bigotry arent good. (Sorry if im repeating, im too tired to read those conversations)

Jonesys avatar Jonesy No Way -4Reply
@Jonesy So im sure this has been commented above but i didnt read all of it but homosexuals arent a race. So someone could...

Well it says you cant be against racism and not support homosexual rights. But you can. Homosexuals are not a race, so I could stand against racism and still be against homosexuality. Also I didn't say that being homophobic was good morals. I said maybe a fairly (not fully) good moral-ed christian could be against racism and against gay rights. Its his belief and from what i understand Christianity doesn't exactly sanction homosexuality as okay. Being against gay rights doesnt make you a bad moraled person. Just means you follow youre beliefs. Im sure a homophobic still holds doors open for others and contributes positively to society.

1. Of course you can, but it's illogical.
2. The argument isn't predicated on homosexuality being a race. It just says that a person can't control either one.
3. I wouldn't call a Christian who follows every rule written in the Bible "fairly good moral-ed."
4. Being against black rights doesn't make you a bad moraled person. Just means you follow your beliefs. Im sure a racist still holds doors open for others and contributes positively to society.

1. here you're school; And )? Christian Christ ._Also
2. Just because it's what people are used to doesn't mean it's right.
3. Raping != Getting raped. I have no idea how you made that connection. And yes, Leviticus does say that rape victims are either supposed to marry the men who raped them or die. You can't reach into a book of barbaric stupidity and say that one of the several rules is more important than the Golden Rule.
4. I didn't say that every sin is okay. That's why I'm saying that homophobia isn't okay; because it's a sin. The only thing worse is saying that the all-loving Jesus told you to commit that sin.
5. No, it makes me a normal human being. I assumed it was obvious, seeing as I wouldn't have been here if I thought racism or homophobia was acceptable.
6. You still haven't pointed out any logical fallacy I made. Homophobia and racism both have the same effect on morality.
7. We aren't going to stop making progress just because a few people can't keep up. That didn't stop racism from being abolished, or women from getting the vote. We can't wait to legalize same-sex marriage until everyone on Earth (or even the state) is okay with it.

1.I was on mobile give me a break.
2. It doesnt but thats what makes them homophobic
3. Didnt know getting raped should be punishable by death. Figured the rapist should get punished
4. I was pointing out that Jesus didnt say sinning was okay when he died for man's sins. So thats why people still dislike homosexuality (or at least on reason)
5: skipping this
6: I pointed out that although theyre both injust you can surely do one without the other. Racism doesnt apply to homosexuals because they are not a race. That was my original point and thats fairly true. SO the Post didnt quite make sense since it is possible to hate racism and homosexuals.
7: Yes of course but that doesnt mean you can change the way they think. The minds of people and politics are two different things.

1. Sorry, I didn't notice.
2. Still, homophobia is wrong, and eventually it has to disappear.
3. I think the rapist gets killed if the woman is married because he's committing adultery. Also, the society back then was so sexist that it might have been better to marry a rapist than to stay single (but they still should have been given a choice), because nobody would marry you. This is why the rules of Leviticus (including the anti-gay rules) are not to be followed. They were written by ancient Jewish straight men, for ancient Jewish straight men.
4. Like I said above, I don't believe that homosexuality was a sin in the first place.
5. K
6. You can do one without the other, but it makes no sense to do one and criticize the other because they are almost the exact same. The post didn't literally mean you can't, just that it doesn't make sense.
7. True, but hopefully we can change the way they think eventually.

1. Did you just say that homophobia is for people with fairly good morals?
2. Yes, this has been said. Many, many times.
3. Copy and paste the part of the post that says homosexuals are a race.

Well I was pointing out that you could in fact be against racism and gay rights. Its not illogical at all. Maybe for you but for someone else the ideal that all men are equal is right but homosexuality is a sin is their belief. And if you agree being a racist or homophobic doesnt make you a bad moraled person then why the hell are you arguing with me on that point. And thats youre idea, Im sure christians think youre a horribly poor moraled person for not following the bible. BUT ITS THEIR BELIEFS. Just in the same way that someone can be pro choice and think that murder is bad. Doesnt make sense to some people, but makes sense to them.

Jonesys avatar Jonesy No Way -1Reply

Yes, it is illogical. The reason racism is wrong is that they didn't choose to be different, and like you said, all people are equal. The reason homophobia is wrong is exactly the same.
Of course it makes you a bad-moraled person. I was being sarcastic. A good-moraled person would follow the golden rule: Do unto others what you would have them do unto you. Society has amended this rule to say that we may do unto others what they have already done to us. A gay person is not capable of doing anything worse than a straight person just because they are attracted to the same sex.
I am following the Bible. I am following the Christian faith. Ever wonder where the word "CHRISTian" comes from? I'll give you a hint: it's named after the guy who said the most important rule in the Bible (the one written above), and who then sacrificed himself so we could have salvation. Homosexuality, period sex, masturbation, and getting raped should not be punished by death in our society like the Bible says because the guy who's going to be reading our criminal records after we die says no. It doesn't matter what makes sense to some people; it's about what actually makes sense.

Okay buddy, im going to try to settle with you hear. You cannot earse years of religious teaching. Sure, youre a new age christian, good for you. But for others out there they are still old school, they see homosexuality as vile and sinful. So yes, although gays havent done anything to them, they still go against their religious values. You cannot change the way people think so quickly. Ad for youre second part, who the hell is putting people to death for homosexuality, masturbation, and rape (you said getting raped but i guess you meant raping). And although in the christion faith christ died for all sins of man kind, never said "well that makes every sin okay:D" so people still see homosexuality as a sin along with fapping and raping.Also using sarcasm so heavily in an otherwise fairly logic using conversation makes you a total dick.

Jonesys avatar Jonesy No Way -1Reply