-313

Saying "I don't need alcohol to have fun" is like saying "I don't need a hammer to pound a nail" sure you don't need it, but it makes it a hell of a lot easier amirite?

chasegroves avatar
6 26
The voters have decided that chasegrove is wrong! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

You must be pretty boring if you need to have alcohol to have fun more easily.

Doing stupid things you won't remember the next morning is clearly a ton of fun.

@boxtop Doing stupid things you won't remember the next morning is clearly a ton of fun.

It depends on what you're doing. Tying a sled to a bike and taking turns on it is probably more fun (and safe) sober. But just hanging out with friends, or going to a club or something, can be made better with alcohol.

Doing stupid things and not remembering them is on the really extreme side of drinking. Having a couple drinks can help lighten the mood and get the conversation flowing easier. It also makes you less uninhibited, which is good for going out and dancing and socializing.

Kids have fun constantly without any alcohol

A more apt comparison would be alcohol:nail gun::no alcohol:hammer

Nails can be driven in both ways, just as fun can be had in both ways, but it's quicker for the common man to drive nails with a nail gun, just as fun comes quicker to the inebriated. However, nail guns are more expensive than hammers and could be more dangerous if used unsafely.

I don't think drinking to make something more enjoyable is necessarily a bad thing, so long as you're not over doing it. I mean, that's one of the main reasons for alcohol to begin with; it makes people feel happier. But I also don't think it's necessary to have fun; I can have fun going hiking with a friend, but if I'm drunk meanwhile frankly I think that would make I a lot less enjoyable for everyone.

rowannes avatar rowanne No Way +13Reply

It depends on what you're doing. I'd never drink while shooting, driving, riding a jet-ski, playing a sport, or anything that required me to be of sound mind and functioning at peak.

Also, as for making it a Hell of a lot easier, that's were you come off as cynical and depressing. I have so much goddamn fun when I'm sober that anything else would be a minimal increase.

I think it depends. All the times I've been with friends and I've been the only sober one I've had a really bad time but if everyone's sober then I really enjoy myself.

@1742114

Exactly. If OP fails to communicate effectively, then any downvotes due to misunderstanding are their own damn fault.

@1742114

It doesn't say having fun without drinking is difficult, it says drinking makes it easier to have fun. It doesn't have that hard to be made easier, it's about as much easier as hammering a nail in with a hammer instead of a stapler would be.

@1742114

...Go hammer a nail with a stapler and get back to us.

@1742114

Ah. Well, sorry then.

@1742114

I've already done it before, which is why I used it as an example. It's not that hard. But not as easy as using a hammer.

I get high on endorphins after an intense workout

@I get high on endorphins after an intense workout

I get high on nonprescription medication.

People who say only boring people need to drink to have fun are kidding themselves!
Imagine a gathering with your friends, sounds fun. Now imagine a gathering with your friends while drinking, sounds mental.

I love drinking, not getting completely hammered.

BobWilsons avatar BobWilson Yeah You Are -14Reply
@BobWilson People who say only boring people need to drink to have fun are kidding themselves! Imagine a gathering with your...

People who say drinking automatically makes you have more fun are kidding themselves.

If you need substances to alter your state of mind to have fun, then yes, you must be boring. That, or stupid. Perhaps both.