+423

When morbidly obese women say that they're not "fat" they just have "curves" you just want to tell them in the nicest way possible that there is a HUGE difference between "curves" and "rolls", amirite?

Image for post When morbidly obese women say that they're not "fat" they just have "curves" you just want to tell them in the nicest way possible that there is a HUGE difference between "curves" and "rolls", amirite?
StephanieIsAmazings avatar Health, Beauty & Fitness
12 49
The voters have decided that StephanieIsAmazing is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.
@1742291

you guys... are like the best debaters ever. Instead of descending into condescending insults, you're, like, COMPLIMENTING each other. It just makes me so darn happy.

@1742291

I admire your sense of thinking. Very intelligent.

@1742291

Difficult yes, impossible no.

I'm saying that it weird to think that people like this never woke up one morning, looked in the mirror and said to themselves " my body is getting out of hand, I need to take steps to improve this"

I'm sure she didn't wake up one morning and she suddenly realized she gained 200 pounds.

@1742291

Very true. She has a beautiful face, it's just a shame she let her body get like that.

@1742291

Obese people do realize that they have a problem. Usually they either just accept the fact that they're just that way, become depressed, or tell themselves they'll work on it later by eating a salad for a meal every once in a while. But like Anorexia, there is a deep meaning in why they let themselves become that so fat.

Plus, it's all a cycle. All of it. Most likely if you're parents are struggling with their weight- you are too. Unless you were lucky enough to be born with a super fast metabolism.

@1742291

It's also worth mentioning that overeating is considered to be similar to addiction, much like alcoholism. Just as recovering alcoholics will always have to pass through the liquor section in a supermarket, recovering overeaters will always have to deal with food -- except unlike alcohol, people need food to survive. It's not something they can quit cold turkey.

@1742291

Not arguing at all, I love when people speak their minds. But in my opinion Obese people and people who suffer from Anorexia Nervosa are different from each other.

People suffering from Anorexia Nervosa see themselves as fat, and as they get skinnier and skinnier they fail to realize that they are making their bodies look worse and worse. Remember Anorexia Nervosa is a mental illness that requires rehabilitation and psychiatric counseling to overcome.

Obese people just eat & eat, look in the mirror and may or may not realize what they are doing to their bodies, & take that extra step to fix it. Although obese people may have other health issues against them, they should have the mental ability to recognize when something needs to be done.

@1742252

People can get pretty deluded.
http://ctrlv.in/97078

@1742252

Yes because the only good-looking people should have self-confidence. Yes, very sad indeed.

@1742252

Yes because that's exactly what they said.

There's a difference between confidence and delusion. There's a difference between confidence, and thinking you're the hottest piece of ass.

@1742252

This doesn't just apply to morbidly obese people,more like all people who have a terrible body shape ( with rolls & cottage cheese legs/arms) and still think they are the hottest piece of ass.

Sadly there are people in this world that have a severe misconception of how they actually look. Like people with nice bodies who believe there body is ugly and fat. & then people who actually need to work on their body who think they are sexy.

@1742252

She was just joking...

SkylarOctaviouss avatar SkylarOctavious Yeah You Are +7Reply
@1742252

(Crossie): That's sad that somebody would think that... and want to share it with people.

KatieKaties avatar KatieKatie Yeah You Are +5Reply
@1742252

Yea but listen, I don't think skinny people understand what obese means, I'm obese but I'm not even plus sized! Its about bmi AND size, not just size. You probably have friends that you say "you're not fat you're curvy" to that are obese. And guys tell me I'm hot all the time thank you very much.

@1742252

You're hot!

SkylarOctaviouss avatar SkylarOctavious Yeah You Are -1Reply

Meh...I'm sure she's just big-boned.

When you rest your rolls on a post, we've got issues.

KirstenAnns avatar KirstenAnn Yeah You Are +19Reply

This reminds me of an episode of "Strange Sex" in which a man had a fat fetish and he would feed his girlfriend insane amounts of food and she weighed like 800 lbs.

JennaGees avatar JennaGee Yeah You Are +9Reply
@JennaGee This reminds me of an episode of "Strange Sex" in which a man had a fat fetish and he would feed his girlfriend...

That would piss me off so much. I bet it was like she was just siting there on the couch reading the newspaper and her weird boyfriend comes in and crams an entire pizza in her mouth.

I bet her milkshake brings all the boys to the yard.

I really don't give a fuck if someone says that just have curves. It's not my job to make other people feel bad about themselves.

sansas avatar sansa No Way +7Reply

Would she like some butter with her rolls?

Or maybe you should just stop commenting on other people's bodies. They probably know they're fat, you know. They don't need some third party giving them unsolicited "advice".

Fat people are allowed to like their bodies. Fat people are allowed to talk about their own bodies using whichever terms they like (you know - like thin people do ALL the time without anyone 'correcting' them?), because feeling comfortable with your own body is important to most people. Why is it so important to you to insist on entirely subjective terminology, referring to someone else's body, despite that it makes them feel bad about it? Fat people already have enough problems with everywhere basically telling them they should be ashamed of their own bodies and do anything to change them. They don't need douchebaggy comments like this added to it.

Some people may be misinterpreting this post.
I am by no means insulting or bashing or against people who are fat or obese.
I am not saying they should not have self esteem and feel comfortable in the (extra) skin they have.
I think everyone skinny-obese deserves the same amount of respect as we are all human.

this post was more or less of a joke,
& No I do not find fat people funny or am I making fun of them.

I think some people might have gotten their panties in a bunch thinking that I have something against the larger population and I just wanted to clarify that I don't.

@StephanieIsAmazing Some people may be misinterpreting this post. I am by no means insulting or bashing or against people who are fat...

This post, in no way, shape or form, is saying that I wish I could tell fat people they're ugly. DO NOT put words into MY post that are NOT there.

I love when fat people use the argument "it runs in my family" no, just because your parents are at doesn't mean it's genetic. It just means that they taught their unhealthy habits to you. You could lose weight if you tried.

sprite590s avatar sprite590 Yeah You Are +5Reply

it really bothers me when people say "fat is the new sexy" with pictures of their obviously overweight body. being overweight is unhealthy and you shouldn't embrace it. you can be overweight and still be beautiful(you can still be ugly too), but you shouldn't advertise it.

@it really bothers me when people say "fat is the new sexy" with pictures of their obviously overweight body. being...

Overweight doesn't always mean unhealthy. Morbid obesity is when troubles can arise, but many overweight people are perfectly healthy. I'm overweight and my blood pressure, cholesterol and such are all just fine. Who are you to judge how healthy someone is based on their appearance?

Why do you care if someone feels good about themself?

@HarryPotterFan777 Why do you care if someone feels good about themself?

I don't care at all. But lets be honest, being morbidly obese is nothing to be seriously proud of; their health is at risk.

I have absolutely nothing against thicker or obese people, we're all humans and deserve the same respect.

So other people only have a right to exist uninsulted if you enjoy looking at them? No. Other people don't exist for you to gawp at. You don't have to like them, but you do have to treat them with respect because that is a very basic right every human deserves.

Other people's health is not your business. It does not affect you. They do not owe you their health. Their medical history is not public domain, it is their business and that of whomever else they choose to concern. Being "unhealthy" does not mean you can just treat them like crap. Drinking alcohol is unhealthy, smoking is unhealthy, purging (and yes, one purging method is overexercising) is not healthy, oversleeping is not healthy. Do you deprive all these people of their basic right to exist without people hurling insults at them all the damn time too? Probably not.

Fat-shamers do not care about health. Being constantly victimised is TERRIBLE for psychological health, so if you care even a little for health, you'd stop that first. You only care because you're shallow, think fat people are unsightly, and it's deemed acceptable to hate on them.

If I have a skin disease, should I just not leave the house if you think that it's disgusting? You can't tell whether or not a person is healthy by looking at them and not everyone can control how much they weigh. And if someone wants to live an unhealthy lifestyle, it's none of your business. I am completely against ads that say things like "Real women have curves". I am 100% against body shaming. Is it up to you to decide which body types are and aren't attractive or acceptable to have? It seems to me like you're clumping all overweight people into the same category, like they're all mean and jealous and hate thin people. It's sad that this needs to be said, but some some fat people are actually comfortable with their bodies. You're only criticizing fat people, not unhealthy people. You're not criticizing people like me, who live unhealthy lifestyles and are still thin. I find it strange how you assume that I'm overweight. I am slightly underweight and have been for my entire life. I'm just against body shaming.

Fat in not only disgusting to look at, but it is also unhealthy. The fat is beautiful movement is just another piss poor excuse for fat society to feel as if eating themselves into an early grave is OK. The photos circulating on social medias stating that real men like curves, not bones... which has betty boop standing next to a pile of bones is rude and offending to those who have self control and work out and eat right to look good. Curves are hot- rolls are not--- when it comes to curves though you have to work on them too. Too many fatties would rather sit on their triple decker sized asses and point out that the hot girl in a bikini is a whore- instead of getting up off of her fat chicken grease stained couch and actually motivate herself to look better. They'd rather mock what they wish they could be...seriously tubbys need to get to the GYM!!!! That hot girl in the bikini does not have time to be a whore, she is too busy prepping healthy meals, going to the gym, and working out and living an active healthy life. Try it before you knock it.

First of all, to me, curvy means broad shoulders, large breasts, round butt, wide hips, athletic shapely legs/calves and a small waist with a FLAT stomach. I think that if your stomach is "curvy" you probably just overweight. Jessica Biel is "curvy" to me, slender but still as I described above. Also, anorexia nervosa is NOTHING like obesity. Anorexia is about controlling what you eat to feel like you have control over something. It's not about weight. Obese people don't control what they eat. It's not a mental illness, it's gluttony.

That isn't a real picture, is it?

Graverottis avatar Graverotti Yeah You Are -1Reply
@Graverotti That isn't a real picture, is it?

I got it from Bing images. Not one of my own personal pictures.