+209

The picture of One Direction on Abbey Road really pisses you off, amirite?

Image for post The picture of One Direction on Abbey Road really pisses you off, amirite?
OvergrownTurkeys avatar Music
8 60
The voters have decided that OvergrownTurkey is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Why would it? Do you know how many people take that picture every day? They're not saying they are the beatles or that they're better than them. Also, this was taken WAY before they were famous. These boys were taking that picture as tourist and fans of the beatles, not as a band.

@Chefleftie Why would it? Do you know how many people take that picture every day? They're not saying they are the beatles or...

Thank you! I'm not a fan of them, but millions of people have taken their picture there. People need to get over themselves. It's a picture on a crosswalk.

I have a picture of me and a few friends doing this. Guess what? We don't think we're the beatles.

@are you & your friends a band?

Why does it matter? Can't people just take a fucking picture without people complaining?

No, I feel next to nothing concerning this picture. A ton of people take pictures like this. They don't mean anything by it, they're probably just paying homage to one of their favorite bands.

Yup. Let's find more reasons to hate new singers.

Looking at this I didn't even know who this was, and it didn't piss me off at all, because tons of people do this. Why would realizing that it's One Direction suddenly make it intolerable?

I think you just need to get off your high horse.

Johnnys avatar Johnny No Way +38Reply

It's just a picture. It's not like they're gonna use it for an album cover.

ScottyDs avatar ScottyD No Way +24Reply

No no didn't you hear? It was all a big misunderstanding... One Direction meant that they were bigger than ACTUAL beetles.

ihearthps avatar ihearthp Yeah You Are +22Reply

I don't understand why people can't a picture without being ridiculed and insulted just because some people dislike them as people or their music. Maybe it was a tribute to the beatles. Besides, 1D has been called the new "British Invasion" but it's not like they started it.

No one got mad when Panic! At the Disco did this. Not a big deal.

It looks like they won't have time to move out of the way of that van...

Starlight_dragons avatar Starlight_dragon Yeah You Are +12Reply
@Starlight_dragon It looks like they won't have time to move out of the way of that van...

They're on a zebra crossing, the van would have to stop and wait until they got to the other side anyway.

I think the only reason it bugs me, is if it was taken or ever used as a promotional picture of the band anywhere. That would be a form of plagarism (considering they were both in the music industry), and just simply shows a lack of creativity or respect for another band. As a photo they took for fun, just because they wanted to, fine. To be used specifically as a 'One Direction' photo, it seems a little pathetic to steal another band's classic image.

Doesn't matter one direction sucks even if they think they're the next Beatles which will never be

Funny. But, wait a minute. What is "One Direction"? Is it a new comic group from England?

I'll be honest, I had no idea who those guys were before I looked at the comments. Even after that, I don't see why this is a big deal at all.

It was Beatles week on the X-Factor. They live in England. Its not that big of a deal.

Well, I hate both bands so I guess the hatred cancels out and I don't really care.

Ram27s avatar Ram27 No Way +4Reply
@Ram27 Well, I hate both bands so I guess the hatred cancels out and I don't really care.

They might be overrated, but that's no reason to hat them. They're still a very good band, hate the people that overrate them.

dan94s avatar dan94 No Way +4Reply

You guys , they are not comparing themselves to the Beatles ! That would be hilarious ! Haha. If they are comparing themselves to the beatles this is just a Funny ass picture. Haha.

BeltranLeyvas avatar BeltranLeyva Yeah You Are +4Reply

They will never be even close to the Beatles. As of right now they have...one... hit song? They might end up being one hit wonders. So this pic is an insult to the Beatles.

@They will never be even close to the Beatles. As of right now they have...one... hit song? They might end up being...

You idiot. They have an entire album. And they're making a new one. Incade you didn't know, one hit wonders make ONE song.

My friends and I took a picture just like this the other day. Did that tick you off?no? Then why the heck would this?

Get over it

I HOPE that they get hit by that oncoming car...Badly...

Honestly this picture is old and in interviews the boys have already stated that they can never compare to the Beatles and they get uncomfortable when people draw comparissons because they know that the Beatles are legendary. This was just a fun picture. And ones of the members got cut out of the picture- just saying.

This REALLY pisses me off because The Beatles and One Direction are both boy bands and IN MY OPINION One Direction music stinks. And they're doing the same thing as The Beatles so it's like if Justin Beiber sang "Hey Jude" or "My Way"!

Jpch1s avatar Jpch1 Yeah You Are 0Reply

The people who are pissed off by this live pretty pathetic lives.

@1909183

I don't even get how it's pathetic. I have seen a lot of pictures like that and I'm sick of it, plus I don't think One Direction is all that, therefore, the picture just happens to get on my nerves. But whatever, if my entire life becomes pathetic for having that opinion whatever.

Skr3wBalls avatar Skr3wBall Yeah You Are 0Reply
@Skr3wBall I don't even get how it's pathetic. I have seen a lot of pictures like that and I'm sick of it, plus I don't think...

No, you're pathetic cause you have to be to get pissed off over something so trivial. If you weren't a child, you'd probably have a frontal lobe developed to understand.

@HopeImrite No, you're pathetic cause you have to be to get pissed off over something so trivial. If you weren't a child, you'd...

I'm not flipping tables why does the triviality matter... the photo irks me thats it. I could have a word or color or photo of myself i really dont like I wouldnt call it pathetic to think that... and i am not like 10 I can think and have opinions based on free will and thought

Skr3wBalls avatar Skr3wBall Yeah You Are -1Reply
@Skr3wBall I'm not flipping tables why does the triviality matter... the photo irks me thats it. I could have a word or color...

Ah, "irks"

I should've assumed that your generation has downgraded phrases like "pissed off" to mean nothing anymore.

Apologies, boy-o. T'was not including you folk.

Have a wonderful day.

@HopeImrite Ah, "irks" I should've assumed that your generation has downgraded phrases like "pissed off" to mean nothing...

I go by the Oxford American Writers Thesaurus and it states

irk
verb
clearly, the prosecutor's opening questions irked him: irritate, annoy, gall, pique, nettle, exasperate, try someone's patience; anger, infuriate, madden, incense, get on someone's nerves; antagonize, provoke; informal get someone's dander up, ruffle someone's feathers, make someone's hackles rise; rub the wrong way, get (someone's goat), get/put someone's back up, make someone's blood boil, peeve, miff, frost, rile, aggravate, needle, get to, bug, drive mad/crazy, tee off, tick off, piss off, PO, rankle, ride, drive up the wall, make someone see red.

It gets my danders up.

Dumb as hell, fuck this shit, I don't care whether or not other bands do it, its the fact that this laughingstock that thinks they even DESERVE TO BE CALLED anything nevermind a "band" ...had the audacity to do it at all.

ALLIELUVSU2s avatar ALLIELUVSU2 Yeah You Are -1Reply

the only thing that pisses me off is that bands these days are so unoriginal that they have to go and copy the ones who were actually good.

One direction is fine and all but this does piss me off.

I get pissed off by anyone unoriginal enough to take this shot without at least doing SOMETHING inventive, like all having crutches and a leg in plaster...

Chiffs avatar Chiff Yeah You Are -7Reply

I think it's more like, "How dare you stand where they stood?"

mchalla3s avatar mchalla3 Yeah You Are -8Reply
@mchalla3 I think it's more like, "How dare you stand where they stood?"

Does that mean you hate every Abbey Road picture? Because I can respect that a little more than the people that are getting pissed off JUST because it's One Direction and they think they're making some kind of statement about how they're "better" than the Beatles.

Hate is a pretty damn strong word, that lots of people throw around. One Direction may annoy you, you may simply not like them, you might really dislike them, but I seriously don't think you hate them or any picture of them.

No. lol.

It was merely speculation as to why other people might hate the picture. The picture pisses me off because I just hate One direction in general.

mchalla3s avatar mchalla3 Yeah You Are +4Reply

Alright, sure, you take the cake on that note. But I just find them incredibly irritating.

mchalla3s avatar mchalla3 Yeah You Are +1Reply
@1752075

You can hide your votes.

pb55020s avatar pb55020 No Way +11Reply

The Beatles did it as an illustration of a Funeral procession it was creative and beautiful and this is just them copying them cause they are not creative or beautiful.

Simplycelestes avatar Simplyceleste Yeah You Are -20Reply
@Simplyceleste The Beatles did it as an illustration of a Funeral procession it was creative and beautiful and this is just them...

http://www.abbeyroadband.com/ this band copies everything the beatles did, not just one picture? I assume you despise them too? Everything they do pisses you off? This is clearly unacceptable. How could a band THAT ISN'T THE BEATLES do something they did? THIS IS AN INSULT TO MUSIC.

One Direction is pretty beautiful.

This is just them copying them because that's what everyone does when they like the Beatles. Do they think they're the Beatles? No. Do they think they're better than the Beatles? No.

Anonymous