-8

If Hermione was so sure the house elves wanted to be free, why did she hide the hats underneath things so they'd unknowingly pick them up? amirite?

Frank_n_Furters avatar Books
0 7
The voters have decided that Frank_n_Furter is wrong! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Sometime people, and elves I suppose, don't want what they actually want. People in those kinds of abusive relationships often don't want help either.

@Wunderscore Sometime people, and elves I suppose, don't want what they actually want. People in those kinds of abusive...

But they didn't know they wanted to be free. They didn't know they were allowed to think that they wanted to be free. They thought they had to think think they were supposed to enjoy slavery and so it eventually stuck in their head that they did actually enjoy. It wouldn't be until they were actually free that they would understand how great freedom is. (According to her logic)

Some people are people pleasers. They would practically bombard Fred and George in the kitchens to give them stuff. It really depends on if they became house elfs because they wanted to serve someone, or if they wanted to serve someone because people made them that way. If wizards tried to do that to goblins, I doubt they would go along with it. I think they like to serve people and that's why they became house elfs, because if they didn't I think wizards wouldn't chose just one magical creature to be their servers.

Frank_n_Furters avatar Frank_n_Furter Yeah You Are 0Reply

I remember Hermione saying something about how they just don't know they want to be free but they would like it once they became free now. It surprises me that someone as smart and logical as Hermione didn't think of all the things I said in my essay of a response.