-21

Gay, lesbians, bisexuals, pansexuals, asexuals, transgenders, etc.: there should be a more complete and shorter term/acronym for sexuality minorities and the like other than LGBT, amirite?

Wynauts avatar People & Celebrities
0 10
The voters have decided that Wynaut is wrong! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

ASOTS: All sexualities other than straight. Does that work?

I thought they made it LGBTQ to encompass all non-straight sexualities and gender identities.

Wynauts avatar Wynaut Yeah You Are +1Reply

What is the third gender, anyway? If it's just a theory (I don't know if it is or not) wouldn't that make pan-, bi- and multi- sexual the same?

@B10ckH34d What is the third gender, anyway? If it's just a theory (I don't know if it is or not) wouldn't that make pan-, bi-...

pan is finding people attractive regardless of gender, and Bi is being able to be attracted to your own gender as well as those not of your gender, but gender still plays a role in your attraction, as in you find different traits appealing for different genders. I'm not sure about multi.

Wynauts avatar Wynaut Yeah You Are 0Reply

Sorry I don't have answer about the third gender question. Don't know enough about it to try to explain it to you =\

@Wynaut Sorry I don't have answer about the third gender question. Don't know enough about it to try to explain it to you =\

Ah, I see. So pan is bi, but traits aren't masculine or feminine, just attractive or unattractive?

@B10ckH34d Ah, I see. So pan is bi, but traits aren't masculine or feminine, just attractive or unattractive?

They're actually pretty different (I've been told) in that Pansexuals see masculine and feminine traits, but don't find them attractive because they are masculine of feminine. So whether a guy or a girl has electric blue eyes, they find it attractive. That's a really simple example for complex thing, but you get the idea. Being bisexual means (quoted from a tumblr post) "having the capacity to have sexual and/or romantic relationships with both the same and other genders" so the difference in gender is important. Some bisexual people might find a very muscular guy attractive but would never find a muscular girl attractive, or vice versa depending on the person. A pansexual person might find anyone attractive for being muscular, or no one. Sorry this isn't clearer, but sexuality is always a confusing topic, and definitions tend to shift depending on who you ask. Labels are really only important if you decide to use them yourself, not if someone applies them to you. So there could be someone who identifies as pan but seems to be more what people think of as bi, etc.

@B10ckH34d I see. Very long way to spell 'yes'

Haha, I guess that's one way to take it. I just try to be careful because I know sexuality labels are a very sensitive topic for some people, even as confusing as they can be. The last thing I want to do is commit erasure, because I know how much that can suck/be damaging to one's self image.