+351

You don't have 150 friends, amirite?

Image for post You don't have 150 friends, amirite?
Scientists avatar Life
6 50
The voters have decided that Scientist is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I can count all of my friends on one hand. While it's in a fist.

EmptyMelodiess avatar EmptyMelodies Yeah You Are +166Reply

If that information was taken from a survey, I think everybody lied.

@1776957

I thought we were talking about Barney Stinson and I was like "whoa there I don't think sleeping with someone makes them friends"

Tweedledees avatar Tweedledee Yeah You Are +9Reply
@1776957

Barney had over 150 friends...

fj95s avatar fj95 Yeah You Are +4Reply
@1776957

Be social, go out and meet people?

I don't even have five frown smilie

@WolfeDeWary I don't even have five

Oh thank God me neither.

Frank_n_Furters avatar Frank_n_Furter Yeah You Are +35Reply
@WolfeDeWary I don't even have five

I don't even have 150 people in my phone. And most of the people in my phone are family, doctors, and work related people.

Emyleighs avatar Emyleigh Yeah You Are 0Reply

What are friends? It's such a broad term today. My friends could be anyone I have ever laughed with.. Or it could be a small close group that know a lot about me.

Pugs avatar Pug No Way +17Reply
@Pug What are friends? It's such a broad term today. My friends could be anyone I have ever laughed with.. Or it could...

Exactly. If we're talking about best friends that I share everything with and have known forever then it would be around 10. If we're talking about people I hang out with occasionally or maybe don't see to often but still get along really well with, then I'd say I probably have close to 100. And if it's anyone I've ever considered a friend, then it's probably a lot more than that.

ali_ds avatar ali_d No Way +5Reply

I have around ten people that I would consider a friend
And that's if I include people I may never see again/don't talk to because my summer camp is over but school hasn't started yet.

...I would have to be friends with half the people in my grade.
And that's definitely not something I would deem possible.

@Kurrainette I would have to be friends with half the people in my grade. And that's definitely not something I would deem...

My grade is less than 100 technically, like people who are in regular classes unless you count special ed and I go to a public school in Illinois. My entire school is 400-some.

KirstenAnns avatar KirstenAnn Yeah You Are 0Reply

My school has ~25, private boarding school in Utah.
my school back home has 3600, public school in Illinois

My entire school is about 1000 from K-12, it's a private school in Western Australia.

Essems avatar Essem Yeah You Are -1Reply

Is it possible to have 150 friends? I'm sure that's a myth.

ScottyDs avatar ScottyD Yeah You Are +4Reply

I read somewhere that 150 is actually the maximum number of friendships that we're hard-wired to handle at one time.

@dancing_phalanges I read somewhere that 150 is actually the maximum number of friendships that we're hard-wired to handle at one time.

Sorry, I read it in the back of a magazine (I know the fact that it came from a magazine probably sounds implausible). It was a page full of "facts" about friendship.
It also said the average number of close friends each person has is 5, The number of real friends you'll keep for every 12 pals you make is 1, 15-25 is the age range when most people establish lifelong friends etc.

I probably have more than 150 friends.

@AntiJokeChicken I probably have more than 150 friends.

Great, why don't you go buy yourself a cookie?

fj95s avatar fj95 Yeah You Are +6Reply

I wasn't really boasting, I was replying to the post.

Yeah and with 150 of them he'd be obese by the time he's done eating all of them.

fj95s avatar fj95 Yeah You Are 0Reply

I'm actually shocked at the number of YYA's, and the comments.

If you count everyone that I get along with and have the potential to become friends with, that's about 96 (yes, I counted) for me.

Actual friends is about 20ish.

If someone sends me a request on Facebook I accept and then unfriend them if they turn out to be creepy. But I'd say that I'm friends with a lot more people than just my close friends. Maybe not 150, but more than 10-15

I don't have 150 friends in real life, but I don't have 245 friends on Facebook either.

Cpt_McMuffins avatar Cpt_McMuffin Yeah You Are 0Reply
@1777763

No shit, sherlock