+249

Whether you're pro-gun or not, you agree that changes need to be made to gun laws in America, because the current system clearly isn't working, amirite?

News & Current Events
1 17

Was there something that happened? If not, what's wrong with them right now?

@WoIverine Was there something that happened? If not, what's wrong with them right now?

If someone really wants to go on a shooting spree, they're going to get their hands on a gun no matter what the laws are.

I'm just saying that if someone wants to murder a bunch of people, they're going to find a way to do so.
I don't think the government should limit the rights of law abiding citizens who want to hunt or have a weapon to use as self defense.

Criminals don't obey laws, so I personally don't think stricter gun laws are going to prevent mass shootings from happening.

They obviously don't give a fuck about what's legal or not. Do you really think they wouldn't get a gun off the black market if they couldn't obtain one legally?

If Holmes was a good student and wasn't known to have a criminal record or history of mental illness, who's to say he still couldn't have obtained the guns legally with stricter laws in place? And if he was able to acquire the materials for the explosives in his apartment he probably would've been able to find another way to get a gun.

Even in a scenario in which there was no way he could possibly get his hands on a gun, he could've easily used a different weapon. He could've rigged more explosives and blown up the entire theatre if he wanted to and the damage would've been much more extensive.

Um, I don't know, what about the Aurora Colorado Shooting or the one in Oak Creek?

James Holmes had no criminal connections and limited funds. He wouldn't've been able to find a black market, let alone buy all the guns he used with the money had had when you consider their increased price if guns were illegal.

As I stated before, I have no doubt that these people would find another way to obtain a gun if they hadn't been able to buy them legally. They're clearly fucked up and if they want to go on a shooting spree they will do whatever they have to do to get the job done.

The post refers to gun laws, but I agree that other measures could possibly be of help in preventing these types of cases. Bottom line, though, I don't think incidents like these will ever be totally preventable.

I don't know if concealed handguns are allowed in Colorado or not, but how many people would have died in the shooting if the good guys had concealed guns? Or would Holmes had even tried, knowing people could shoot back?

But just the thought that "Oh hey, I may not be the only person in this theatre that's armed". I mean when I go down to the gun range, where everyone is usually armed, I don't have any thoughts of trying to kill anyone, because I could be killed myself. If every place was like that, wouldn't you think it'd be safer?