-5

The Israelis are completely surrounded by enemies, and now even syria may fall to the Brotherhood. Isreal is the only liberal (truly free) democracy in the middle east. Should we allow it's enemies (terrorist, iran, most middle eastern governments), who restrict women's rights and kill gays (most of them ban gays) take over our only ally? No, we shouldn't, amirite?

Reagan_fans avatar Politics
0 20
The voters have decided that Reagan_fan is wrong! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

...and at soccer games in Israel people have started chanting "death to Arabs"...and a typical "training mission" for Israeli soldiers is raiding a Palestinian prison and shooting the inmates with rubber bullets

@MusicIsAGift and at soccer games in Israel people have started chanting "death to Arabs"...and a typical "training mission"...

Yes, keep believing Iran and other countries ran by islamic law are paradises where everyone gets along and love each other. No murder of dissenting views, like Jews and gays

Reagan_fans avatar Reagan_fan Yeah You Are +2Reply
@1796064

So you'd rather have another Arab country that enforces Islamic law instead of trusting their followers to practice their beliefs. The Palestinians have more rights and freedoms in Israel than they ever would in a more Arabic country.

I know that some countries are not tyrannical theocracies, but many are. If we give up on the Israeli's and literally throw them to the wolves, then we will have no powerful allies in the middle east, and possibly have hundreds or thousands of dead Jews. Would you rather have a country that occasionally commits atrocities, or one that believes that Jews are the scourge of the earth and need to be eliminated. I don't think it's too hard a choice

Reagan_fans avatar Reagan_fan Yeah You Are +1Reply

We just need to get out of there

@1796058

If you really do live in the Middle East then you're very misinformed or stupid if you believe that they openly accept homosexuality and women's rights.

@1796058

I hate when people generalize all middle eastern countries just because of some countries there like Lebanon

@1796058

I never said they openly accept homosexuality, I know they don't but I said they usually don't go killing them; and if this happened to 2 gay guys recently then that's fucking sick and I had no clue that happened. And about women's rights; no I'm not misinformed about that, but you are. Also if you clearly read my comment, I said that in some countries they DO restrict women rights, like Saudi Arabia, they don't even let women drive and that's fucking stupid. But then for example there are other middle eastern countries like Lebanon, my country, who don't differentiate between men and women and women have full rights sooo

Mayas avatar Maya No Way 0Reply
@1796058

Touché. wary smilie

Mayas avatar Maya No Way 0Reply
@1796058

If this really does happen then I apologize for my ignorance. But one thing that I'm sure of is that it doesn't happen in my country, and that's all I care about. I just hate it when people generalize all middle eastern countries just because of some countries there like Saudi Arabia.

Mayas avatar Maya No Way -1Reply
@1796058

Are you sure? Did this really happen? And in which country? I know you said you're not google but I'm too lazy to google anything right now it's almost 7 am and I'm still awake

Mayas avatar Maya No Way -2Reply

Isreal has been oppressing the Palestinians for over 60 years, since 1948 when they took over Palestine and forced the Palestinians out. It is not a free and Liberal country. I think we should be backing the Palestinians not the Isrealis.

@Isreal has been oppressing the Palestinians for over 60 years, since 1948 when they took over Palestine and forced...

Explain what oppressing means? Does it mean providing a booming economy along with more freedoms than one would ever have in other arabic countries? Also, what Invasion, this land has been inhabited by the Jews for thousands of years and then the British gave them some land. Nothing wrong with that, right? I would love to back a innocent people who are oppressed by a evil imperial government, but that is simply untrue. The palestinians are just as guilty as the israeli's, if not more.

Let me be as straight with you as I possibly can.  Nothing Israel does, no gesture, no concession, no discussion, will make a hill of beans of difference. They can sign a peace treaty. They can jump on board for a two state solution. It doesn’t matter.  Hezbolah wants Israel dead. Al-Qaeda wants Israel dead. Hamas wants Israel dead. Muslim Brotherhood wants Israel dead. But it isn’t limited to the terrorist groups. Palestine itself wants Israel dead. The surrounding Arab nations want Israel dead. The Persian nation of Iran wants Israel dead.

My advice to Israel: Just do what you have to do. Do what you need to do. Do what is right. The world will hate you no matter what action you take and

the Arabs will try to kill you no matter how much flowery talk you participate in with our State Department.  You may as well just do what’s right.

And, with every rant I go on, I apologize to everyone for such long comments, but I like to make a point...

Reagan_fans avatar Reagan_fan Yeah You Are 0Reply
@1796068

Cuba is not our ally though

@1796068

Please don't tie this with our occupation of iraq and afghanastan. I'm speaking in a purely strategic sense. If we leave our only ally, and they get taken over, then we will suffer in the future. Not to mention more rogue nations with Israeli nuclear weapons

Reagan_fans avatar Reagan_fan Yeah You Are -1Reply