+133

It must really piss old people off to have teenage girls call them "cute" despite the fact they've got more life experience and knowledge than any teenager can hope to have, and they're not cute, stupid old people, they're normal human being that've lived long lives and shouldn't be condescended just because of their age, amirite?

2 25

Why do you think "cute" is a negative description? I think everyone means it in a good sense, when they call someone cute :P

Just cause someone is cute doesn't mean they're stupid, defenseless, or anything. Who are you to speak about how old people feel about it anyway? If I was old I would gladly accept that as a compliment.

Sounds like you're going to be one of those non-cute, grumpy old people when you're old enough, taken that you're not one already.

@1796608

My sisters always refer to old people as cute

@1796608

Thats what I always think when I here them say that

You'd have to be a real asshole to get offended by this. They probably appreciate it even less that you call them "old people". no smilie

I work at an elderly community and I'd hate to have a Mr. Grumpykins like you.

Just because they have more life experience doesn't mean they can't be cute.. I think old people are adorable.

I see what you're trying to do here, and as a teenage, I disagree. You're trying to say age doesn't matter and teenagers shouldn't be thought stupid because of it. Age is not arbitrary, neither is knowledge and experience. This is like saying, "What, just because i'm able- bodied you think I can't get on a bus myself?" as a reversal of "What, just because I'm in a wheelchair you think I can't get on a bis myself?"

Old people may have outdated experience, but there are things that don't change. For example, people in competition with you will usually be assholes.

By you're logic, if I call a boy who's a little older than me cute, I'm saying he's weak and defenseless.
I think you've been using the word cute wrong.

@justfuckmeup By you're logic, if I call a boy who's a little older than me cute, I'm saying he's weak and defenseless. I think...

There's two ways in which the word cute is used; one to refer to an attractive person, and another as a synonym to adorable.

Most people don't see old people as attractive, so we can rule that one out.

That leaves adorable, or lovable, like a baby or some animals, generally things that are incapable of taking care of themselves, or thinking, and not a word generally associated with intelligent, independent, experienced individuals, like most old people are.

Lovable means they're easy to love. That doesn't necessarily mean you don't think of them as intelligent, independent, or experienced.
And there can be many other ways to use the word cute. It depends on the context.

If you're saying a headband is cute, that doesn't necessarily mean attractive. It just means you like it.
And again, it's all about context. Either way, cute should be a compliment and no matter how experienced I am when I get older, if someone calls me "cute" based only on looks, I'll be alright with that.

Name me another way to use the word cute.

And lovable, based purely on looks, means you look at them and believe they're so weak and defenseless that they deserve your love because someone needs to take care of them. It's biological.

You call a headband cute because you find it attractive, why else would you like it, it's only purpose in life is to look attractive.

Fair point. I know what I mean, but I don't know how to say what I mean, so I guess I'll just agree with you.
Plus, I haven't gotten more than 6 hours of sleep for 5 days, so my whole argument here will probably look stupid to me in the morning y smilie

Actually, you're right. From now on even if I think an old person is cute, I'll keep my mouth shut.