Life
1 52

I would be so very confused on account that I have not have sex and therefore am a virgin.

@I would be so very confused on account that I have not have sex and therefore am a virgin.

GiggityGoo22 (I totally just realized that rhymed, that's so great), the post does say if, but it doesn't say "if you had sex some time and found out you were pregnant today", it says "if you found out you were pregnant today". It would be weird for a virgin to find out they're pregnant, even in a hypothetical situation.

i think the only time i would keep an unplanned baby is if i had a stable partner and income.

meemer147s avatar meemer147 Yeah You Are +34Reply

I would be amazed that I managed to get laid. Then I would get an abortion.

mchalla3s avatar mchalla3 Yeah You Are +27Reply

I am definitely pro-choice but abortion is something that I personally don't think I could ever chose for myself

Im pro-choice, but it would be SO effin hard to walk myself to that clinic. I just hope & pray that I never have to make that decision- and by "hope & pray" I mean "wrap that shit up"

Snozzberrys avatar Snozzberry Yeah You Are +20Reply

It would be really tempting but I just don't think I could go through with it at the end.

I'm prochoice, but I don't know if I would ever get an abortion myself. I guess I wouldn't really know until I was actually in this situation, which I never plan to be.

I would get that baby scooped out of me like a hot potato.

Emaphinas avatar Emaphina Yeah You Are +10Reply
@You're disgusting. Have some class.

Sorry if you found the wording distasteful, but I seriously wouldn't think twice about having an abortion.

Emaphinas avatar Emaphina Yeah You Are 0Reply
@Emaphina I would get that baby scooped out of me like a hot potato.

Maybe it's because I actually had to have a D&C (surgical procedure they use for abortion) due to a miscarriage. But, yes, your choice of words was incredibly classless. I don't think I'd want you raising children.

@Maybe it's because I actually had to have a D&C (surgical procedure they use for abortion) due to a miscarriage...

I had an abortion when I was 14 because I was far too young to have children, and it was the best decision I ever made. However, I'm sorry for your loss, I realise its a hard subject to have a sense of humour about.

Emaphinas avatar Emaphina Yeah You Are +3Reply

I'm both old enough and financially stable enough to keep it. I'd still abort because I don't want kids.

I would want to, especially since i have almost no funding for college as it is, but i don't think i could ever go through with it. I'd always wonder what could have been for the child. Most likely, i would give it up in an open adoption, so that it would have a good home, i could have some money to survive, and i could still be a small part of my child's life.

Although I'm pro choice, I don't believe in abortion but I would definitely put the baby up for adoption.

I'm fourteen and have no stable relationship... I'm generally forgetful and I enjoy my own company far more than that of friends or family... I'm physically resilient and could handle abortion- but I could also handle birth. I would keep it . My family is financially stable enough for it. I'm mentally stable enough. It would be a huge adjustment, an it would require momentous sacrifice on my part, but I have no social life anyway and I've already survived some medical hurdles. I would do it. And, if nothing else, I would NEVER make my baby worry about not being loved.

Nope; I am pro-life. I don't wish to attack anyone's point of view, or shove mine in someone elses face. Just stating my view =)

I don't think that I, personally, could ever bring myself to have an abortion or put a baby up for adoption. So I'd just have to re-organise my life a lot. Which is why I'm trying hard to not get pregnant until I'm in a better place in my life.

I can't imagine getting an abortion, putting my baby up for adoption, or raising a baby at the moment.
I feel like I couldn't make the decision until I was actually in the situation.

I would get an abortion for sure. To be honest, I don't think my body could handle giving birth... Plus I wouldn't be able to go to med school with a baby.

hmaries avatar hmarie Yeah You Are 0Reply

As much as I would hate being pregnant and what it would do to my life, I couldn't get an abortion. I would definitely not keep the baby though.

I'd give it up for adoption. The opposite of keeping a baby is not having an abortion. Adoption seems like a good option, I think.

I'm pro-life. If you don't want the kid, there's always adoption.

If youre not ready for parenthood, you're not ready for sex. Simple as that. Choosing to take the easy way out by getting abortion after abortion breeds sexual irresponsibility.

Also, you could always put your child up for adoption. Yes, it's a hard choice, but it's better than disposing that fetus through a vacuum. Take responsibility for your actions and carry that child to full term. Give the baby up and give them a better life than what you could provide.

As a side note, every abortion you get scars your uterus more and more, so by the time you're actually ready for kids, you're more likely to have miscarriages.

@If youre not ready for parenthood, you're not ready for sex. Simple as that. Choosing to take the easy way out by...

"If you're not ready for parenthood, you're not ready for sex"???

That logic is absurd. There is no logical reason why you should wait until you want children to have sex. There are tons of ways of having sex that can't get you pregnant. Besides, you can always use multiple forms of birth control.

It's kind of stupid to wait until you want kids to have sex when there is so many different kinds of contraceptive technology at your disposal. What if you never want kids anyway? What if you are too poor to raise a child? You can't just ban poor people from having sex.

Getting an abortion is a way of taking responsibility for your actions. In some cases, it's the most responsible way.

FYI: There is no legitimate scientific link between standard abortions and miscarriages.

fEMMAnists avatar fEMMAnist Yeah You Are +5Reply

Set the kid up for adoption! If you're in college, you're going to get fat anyways from all the beer you drink..SO why not just get fat from bringing in a new life to this universe? :D

Unless it was rape, then it's MY fault that I'm pregnant. I'M the one who had sex, not the baby. So I deserve the consequences that come with having sex. I feel that way about teenage girls too. If they have sex and get pregnant, it's their problem. If we were responsible enough to have sex, we are responsible enough to be a parent. Which is why I'm staying abstinent until marriage because I know I'm not responsible enough to be a parent what so ever :)

@BeautifulNightmare Unless it was rape, then it's MY fault that I'm pregnant. I'M the one who had sex, not the baby. So I deserve the...

"If we were responsible enough to have sex, we are responsible enough to be a parent." .. No. You are treating parenthood like it's a lesson- 'This is what you get for having sex!', half the point of abortion is for people who will not be able to provide a quality life for their child. I don't care if you had sex 50 times completely unprotected while you were ovulating, if you don't have the means to provide your child with a good life, then you shouldn't have it. Anyone can have sex, but not anyone can raise a child, and do it well. "If (teen girls) have sex and get pregnant, it's their problem." Sure that's easy to say now, but try being in their shoes. Picture a 16 year old girl- had sex with her boyfriend, now she's pregnant. Although he's just as responsible as her, he bails. Her parents either don't want to help or can't afford to. She's still a kid herself and wants to live a normal life, free from the ridicule, abuse, and embarrassment that comes with teen pregnancy. If she has the kid not only will she give up on her future, but she probably can't provide a great one for them either. You still think she should have the baby? This 'punishment' is unfair and unnecessary.

rowannes avatar rowanne Yeah You Are +62Reply

By the way, you should probably refrain from putting smiley faces after your points during a serious argument. It kind of makes you seem like an arrogant prick.

rowannes avatar rowanne Yeah You Are +43Reply

Babies are rewards, not punishments. I can clearly tell you'd keep your baby because you feel you deserve to be tortured, and that's not a good way to view parenthood. Keep your baby if you actually want it and love it, rather than viewing it as simply a consequence.

sparesecondss avatar spareseconds Yeah You Are +35Reply

Okay okay. I seem to have pissed quite a few people off. un smilie no smilie Sorry! I'm extremely opinionated and I tend to get carried away with things e_e especially if it concerns gay marriage or abortion. I mean, if a teenage girl wants to get an abortion if she gets pregnant- so be it. Just doesn't mean it's fair (in my opinion). I probably sound like a person who protests outside of an abortion clinic. Believe me, I'm not that type of person. I mean it's their life, they can do what they want with it. And I did make a baby sound like a punishment. Which is something it shouldn't be. And you two are pretty correct. A baby should be wanted when it's born, not some mistake. I mean, how would that baby feel if one day her mom told her "You were a mistake, I wasn't ready for you." >_<

Hey cheers to you for being so open-minded and willing to admit your mistakes! That takes a lot y smilie

rowannes avatar rowanne Yeah You Are +20Reply

Right, but there are already millions of kids without proper homes. Not every baby is going to want to be adopted immediately- more likely they'll be put into foster homes until they're 18 and then sent out to fend for themselves. This isn't 'Juno', and this is not a quality life- this would just create a problem.

rowannes avatar rowanne Yeah You Are +5Reply

You don't "deserve the consequences". Having sex is not irresponsible or bad if you do it right. Besides, babies aren't punishments that you hand out to people for having to much sex.
Just because you have sex, doesn't mean you are ready for a child. It certainly doesn't mean that having a child is the responsible thing to do.
Besides, it's not just the girl's fault. It takes two to tango.

fEMMAnists avatar fEMMAnist Yeah You Are +2Reply

As to what BeautifulNightmare said earlier, my mother had me as a mistake but went through with it.

You think I'm brought down at all because I know?

I love my mother to death for keeping me! Yea, it sucked a lot to have to go through that as a girl and for my dad to as a boy, but (woah, big shock coming) hard work DOES pay off, even if it sucks.

Yea, pro-choice, pro-life, people can pick whatever, but that doesn't disprove the fact that hard work has gotten many mothers and fathers, even single mothers, through an unplanned, teenage pregnancies socioconomically fine..

Right I'm just saying it's a good compromise for the people who wanna give the baby a good life and for the people who don't like abortion.

Anonymous