+230

It's annoying when people don't have the sense to keep a hotel room clean. I'm not saying that the room should be completely spotless, but people should make an effort to keep it hygienic and make the jobs of the people who clean it a little easier, amirite?

Bun10s avatar Life
5 25
The voters have decided that Bun10 is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.
@1797199

Exactly. I heard from a friend of mine about a couple of girls who were sharing a hotel room on a class trip, and how they stained the curtains with lipstick for absolutely no reason. That's actually why I made this post.

Bun10s avatar Bun10 Yeah You Are +7Reply

When I'm in a hotel or smth like that, I don't try to keep it clean so that the cleaning lady won't have a hard time cleaning after me - I keep it clean 'cause I can't live like a pig and I'm used to being organized and neat. But yeah, I hate those people who make a mess on purpose, too.

FlamesToDusts avatar FlamesToDust Yeah You Are +13Reply

I always leave large tips simply because I have a service dog and I'm assuming they'll be asked to do more to clean the room on account of that. Of course, that might not be a particularly well-founded assumption, but I live in optimism.

haha, the people who "clean" the room....have you ever seen those shows that expose how they really clean (using the term loosely) hotel rooms?

@haha, the people who "clean" the room....have you ever seen those shows that expose how they really clean...

Yes I did the job for a while, some cleaners don't do much and that is very obvious if you are the next maid to do the room.

I see how it would be rude to purposefully make a mess, or to just be a dirty pig and leave things everywhere, but I'm not going to go out of my way to clean things up. They get paid to do that, it's their job. Why should they get paid to do something that's already done?

@Thatbitch I see how it would be rude to purposefully make a mess, or to just be a dirty pig and leave things everywhere, but...

I'm not saying you should go out of your way and keep things spotless. I think a little bit of a mess can't be avoided, but why not make their job a little easier?

Bun10s avatar Bun10 Yeah You Are 0Reply

I clean rented cabins at my job and I agree! The best guests are the ones that strip the beds :P

At my school, there are people with this mentality about the cleaners. Some people will drop their rubbish on the ground instead of walking 4 or 5 metres to the bin, expecting the cleaners to be their personal slaves and clean up after them, instead of wiping down desks or whatever else they could be doing.

@dancing_phalanges At my school, there are people with this mentality about the cleaners. Some people will drop their rubbish on the...

It's really gross having to sit in a playground full of rubbish. It's actually gotten bad enough that our principal has made us spend recesses sitting on our assembly area (which is outside). And the whole school gets punished, which sucks. Then before people can leave the assembly, he hands out large, plastic garbage bags for people to pick up rubbish.

Yeah, I suppose. And I guess the playground is getting cleaned up a bit, plus after spending a few breaks on assembly, people usually learn their lesson.

Thank you :)

Yeah, I suppose. And at least the playground is being cleaned up a bit, and people usually learn their lesson after a few breaks spent on assembly.

Thank you:)

if im paying money to stay in a hotel, as long as i don't break anything, I should have the right to do what i want with it. Fuck I look like stripping the beds and tidying up the vodka i spill? I'm the fucking guest, and the maid's the fucking maid. I personally KNOW someone who's a maid in a hotel. I leave tips but i dont strip the bed...

@MyHotHotJam if im paying money to stay in a hotel, as long as i don't break anything, I should have the right to do what i want...

I agree with your general statement, but hey can't you come up with any intelligentwhat smilie words to use instead of the words you used

About spilling the vodka- I'm not saying you should clean it up if it was an accident. But why deliberately make a mess? I'm referring to people who deliberately make a huge mess without thinking about the people who would have to clean it.

Bun10s avatar Bun10 Yeah You Are -1Reply
@Bun10 Would you feel the same way if you were the one who had to clean up after somebody?

Ya I did that job for a while. stripping the bed isn't such a great help cause you still need to sort it out to make sure nobody left a phone or a foot long in therecrs smilie