+215

Companies should not be able to sell your number to other companies so they can call you, trying to sell you stuff, amirite?

Ethans avatar
1 7
The voters have decided that Ethan is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

You can sign up for the Do Not Call list and it will be illegal for them to call your number off the list. But some companies do it regardless cause they know no one will really do anything about it.

ScottyDs avatar ScottyD Yeah You Are +4Reply
@ScottyD You can sign up for the Do Not Call list and it will be illegal for them to call your number off the list. But some...

My family's on the Do Not Call list. We get several telemarketers a day. We've pretty much stopped answering the phone.

This is one of my favorite Wrong Number jokes for how you can answer the phone to mess with them.

"Harry's House of Painful Pleasure. How can we hurt You today?

ScottyDs avatar ScottyD Yeah You Are 0Reply

Answer the phone (or make a recording and play it)
"You will die in seven days" in Samara's voice or
"I don't know who you are, but i will find you and I will kill you." or
"I signed up for the do not call list. See you in court."

B10ckH34ds avatar B10ckH34d Yeah You Are +4Reply

They usually have something for you to sign asking for permission to do that. You don't have to give permission, but if you do there's nothing wrong with it.