+264

It's rare to find anything as frustrating as not being taken seriously for arbitrary reasons, "Oh, you expect me to take math advice from a guy with blonde hair? What a joke!", amirite?

Lens avatar People & Celebrities
3 22
The voters have decided that Len is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Or just the opposite, when people assume you know something for similar reasons. "You're a Native American, what kind of plant is that?" "Shit if I know, a green one?"

I like that you said "It's rare to find anything as frustrating" instead of "Nothing's as frustrating."

partinobodyculars avatar partinobodycular Yeah You Are +20Reply
@partinobodycular I like that you said "It's rare to find anything as frustrating" instead of "Nothing's as frustrating."

I meant that in a good way... I was amused that they took the time to come up with a phrasing that wasn't absolute.

I'm not saying everyone should do this all the time. I just appreciated it this time.

Oh, Im more of a simple person, why waste syllables? I might be putting too much thought into it to it though, haha.

Like age no smilie This guy's like 3 years older than me and dismisses all my arguments with "but it's okay you're still a kid, you'll change your mind".

Nacklefoodles avatar Nacklefoodle Yeah You Are +16Reply
@Nacklefoodle Like age This guy's like 3 years older than me and dismisses all my arguments with "but it's okay you're still...

Indeed, as a younger kid I was constantly told, "Oh, you're not REALLY bisexual, you're just horny! hehe smilie" or, "How could you 'not' believe in God? Rebellious teens these days!"
Ageism is very, very annoying.

Lens avatar Len Yeah You Are +10Reply

I fucking hated that as a twelve year old. Granted, I was a silly kid, but I still stand by the fact that we shouldn't label people so easily and ignore them. It's so hurtful.

mchalla3s avatar mchalla3 Yeah You Are +3Reply

That's what gives people inferiority complexes. It's underground and people barely realize it, but its happening, all right.

And the whole issue where 12 year olds "aren't really in love" bothers me too. They're happy, so why disturb it? They're dabbling and experimenting with relationships so they don't make elementary mistakes in their 20s, where it really matters. What's the big deal?

mchalla3s avatar mchalla3 Yeah You Are +2Reply

But your hair is dirty blonde, almost brown.

@mchalla3 But your hair is dirty blonde, almost brown.

Mm, well in my example I wasn't really trying to use myself; my hair in fact actually isn't even blonde at all, it's simply the lighting.

Although come to think of it, I'd look fucking fantastic with dirty blonde hair.

SO! THANK YOU!
Have a love for this fantastically and hysterically unintentionally enlightening comment.

Lens avatar Len Yeah You Are +3Reply

A friend of mine, who's blonde, is the smartest guy in all of year 9...

@AsherIsTehBestest A friend of mine, who's blonde, is the smartest guy in all of year 9...

It's funny how people credit asians with being smarter, and then you move to China and discover that the vast majority of people here are anything but "smart" - they just follow instructions well and memorize the material. An actor can do those things, and at least make it look and sound better in the proccess! In my mind, being smart is being able to think independently and be creative about problems. Asia is MASSIVELY lacking in this regard. Japan, South Korea and Taiwan (to some extent) are the happy exceptions to this rule

TommyUK1234s avatar TommyUK1234 Yeah You Are +4Reply

I wasn't replying to your comment directly. It just reminded me of something I've realized living in Asia all this time. Get a clue, man!

TommyUK1234s avatar TommyUK1234 Yeah You Are 0Reply

You mean... I SHOULD take math advice from guys with blonde hair? But... They're not HUMAN!