-19

If you knew your child was retarted or conjoined early in the pregnancy, you would terminate it, amirite?

Kristaas avatar
0 25
The voters have decided that Kristaa is wrong! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.
@1801400

It happened to someone in my family, and she decided to abort it because she didn't want to puT a child through that.

Kristaas avatar Kristaa Yeah You Are +15Reply

Am I the only one who finds it slightly ironic that he misspelled retarded?

It would depend on a lot of things. If I felt that I couldn't adequately support the child I think I would but I really don't know.

@Wunderscore It would depend on a lot of things. If I felt that I couldn't adequately support the child I think I would but I...

Finding people willing to adopt your unborn child is one thing, but if the child has a mental disability or a physical deformity, it would be so much harder to find people who will adopt it.

brunetterox915s avatar brunetterox915 Yeah You Are +24Reply

@Anon There are also thousands of children/teens waiting to be adopted in America alone.

CanadiaNDPs avatar CanadiaNDP Yeah You Are +13Reply

Wheb you want to adopt you don't just go with any random kid. You have an idea of what the hold should be like and for most people, conjoined and/or retarded is not desirable.

B10ckH34ds avatar B10ckH34d Yeah You Are +7Reply

You make the decision before the baby is born. There are thousands of couples waiting to adopt in America alone.

@1806355

Not only that, but it's stressful.
I once knew an autistic guy who really loved running into the street. If I were his parents, I would constantly be worrying about him.

SuperSukhs avatar SuperSukh Yeah You Are +5Reply

I'm not even sure if I want a child in general yet . . . This is also one of those things that I'd need to be in the moment to decide.

OPERATION BABY TERMINATED.

... Seriously, though, why not just say "abort?"

YeahIAms avatar YeahIAm Yeah You Are +3Reply

I feel like this might've been posted before. Don't yell at me :x

Kristaas avatar Kristaa Yeah You Are 0Reply

If it was just going to be "retarded" then no. If it was a disability that would most likely kill the child early on in life or late in the pregnancy, then maybe. And as for the conjoined thing, it depends on where they're conjoined. If it was at the shoulder, then I probably wouldn't abort. But if it was somewhere like the head or they were sharing a lung, I might consider it.
But like Rainboots said, you can't really decide these things until you're actually in the situation.

@justfuckmeup If it was just going to be "retarded" then no. If it was a disability that would most likely kill the child early...

Because mental handicaps don't always mean a person can't lead a normal life. Now, what I'm talking about is things like downs syndrome. If it was a very severe mental disability that would most likely cause the child to barely be able to function, I might abort. But like I said, I don't know if I could actually do that. I would have to be in the situation before I could say what I would do.

@1801439

sorry?

Kristaas avatar Kristaa Yeah You Are +2Reply

Just because they might be mentally retarded doesn't mean they don't deserve to live. If you feel that you don't have the money to deal with the baby, give it up for adoption. there are plenty of couple would love that child to death. Also when the doctors say that there might be retardation they are often wrong. I was suppose to have down syndrome and my parent were asked if they wanted to abort.

@Just because they might be mentally retarded doesn't mean they don't deserve to live. If you feel that you don't...

@Anon: As some said in another comment, there are THOUSANDS of children and teens already waiting to be adopted in America alone. Why add to that number? Couples looking to adopt often look for an ideal child, so one with health or mental problems is just going to stay in the system longer. Why would you put an unwanted child through that?

Stepharoos avatar Stepharoo Yeah You Are +3Reply