+168

When you look at the math that goes in to Quantum Physics, you realise that Algebra 2 should never be considered a "High level Math", amirite?

Image for post When you look at the math that goes in to Quantum Physics, you  realise that Algebra 2 should never be considered a "High level Math", amirite?
Scientists avatar Education
1 14
The voters have decided that Scientist is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Guys, Science knows this isn't algebra II. His point was that, compared to this, algebra is easy.

justfuckmeups avatar justfuckmeup Yeah You Are +15Reply

It is high school mathematics. And by the way, limits and closed path integrals are part of the calculus curriculum, not Algebra 2.

@It is high school mathematics. And by the way, limits and closed path integrals are part of the calculus...

Pretty sure the post is saying that when you compare calculus to Algebra 2, it seems silly to call Algebra 2 "high level". The examples are of math that you WOULD call high level, not of Algebra 2.

Yeah I was getting ready to say. I never saw anything like that when I took Algebra 2.

Maxwell's equations....shudder

vitaminbs avatar vitaminb Yeah You Are +3Reply
@vitaminb Maxwell's equations....shudder

I just started a class that concentrates on those.

...ouch.

I had them this year in AP Physics, while at the same time first learning integrals in AP Calc. It was a rough year.

vitaminbs avatar vitaminb Yeah You Are 0Reply

I took algebra 2 in 8th grade, that was the first class I ever came close to failing.

@Idling_Rocket_Ship I took algebra 2 in 8th grade, that was the first class I ever came close to failing.

...8th grade? Well I feel stupid. I took it either sophomore or Jr. year and failed.

Ah, Algebra 2. I was a few points away from not passing that class and getting kicked off color guard. Good times, good times.

It's a matter of perspective

I personally found Algebra 2 easy. Probably because I had a wonderful math teacher who I loved and explained everything so effortlessly. (And not to toot my own horn but math is one of my strengths)
Can't wait for AP Calc next year, wooo! :)