+292

Arizona says life starts two weeks before conception. That is incredibly stupid, amirite?

Image for post Arizona says life starts two weeks before conception. That is incredibly stupid, amirite?
Scientists avatar Life
17 27
The voters have decided that Scientist is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

"Hey Jen, I think I'm going to give my virginity to Brad next weekend."

"Holy shit, Ashley! You're pregnant?!"

LinksLegionaires avatar LinksLegionaire Yeah You Are +184Reply
@LinksLegionaire "Hey Jen, I think I'm going to give my virginity to Brad next weekend." "Holy shit, Ashley! You're pregnant?!"

You should've used Angelina instead of Ashley; you know, Jen, Jennifer Aniston, Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie. no? only me?

Mayas avatar Maya Yeah You Are +3Reply

"So, are you pregnant?"
"Well, it's complicated. Have you ever heard of Schrodinger's Cat?"

Ideas like that are so preposterous; there was even someone who said as soon as a woman's period ends she can be considered pregnant. I can't even express how much it pains me to see people believing this, there is a difference between saying life begins at conception and saying life begins BEFORE the life in question has even been formed.

@1806249

...those were song lyrics. Most likely used ironically. Calm your tits.

@1806249

and i'm proud to be an american! 'cuz atleast i know i'm free!

I hope this is from The Onion. Please tell me it is.

StickCavemans avatar StickCaveman Yeah You Are +37Reply
@StickCaveman I hope this is from The Onion. Please tell me it is.

Unfortunately, it's not and I'm surprised too, Stick. Memebase should have been all over this for at least a month.

Hairyleos avatar Hairyleo Yeah You Are +9Reply

The date of the article is what surprises me. It seems that I would have heard of this sooner.

StickCavemans avatar StickCaveman Yeah You Are +7Reply

Geez, why does everyone call republicans idiots? Have they seen some of the laws Obama has written?

"A fetus cannot sue its mother for negligence."

It's disgusting that they're calling it the "Womens health and saftey act"
It's the "Let's try and prevent abortion in all the crazy ways we possibly can" act

@sighcantthinkofaname It's disgusting that they're calling it the "Womens health and saftey act" It's the "Let's try and prevent abortion...

I remember once reading an article about a woman who needed a procedure done on her in order to survive, but if she took it, it would cause her 3-week old pregnancy to end which was against the law where she lived. They decided she was not allowed to take the procedure.

Not only did the mother die, but the child-to-be died as well. Good job, government.

http://ctrlv.in/112819

They try to make it all look much better than it actually is. Like how in the book 1984 there is the "Ministry of Love" and the "Ministry of Peace" when there is nothing loving or peaceful going on in either building.

Boufakas avatar Boufaka Yeah You Are +2Reply

My mind just exploded, can someone help me pick up the pieces, I don't want to leave a mess.

ScottyDs avatar ScottyD Yeah You Are +18Reply

The fuck? They shouldn't be allowed to do this! I hope all the women in arizona just fucking move to a different state. I thought the pizza is a vegetable thing was stupid, but this?! This is beyond full retardation!

If my name were David Badash like the author of that article, the h would be silent and I'd introduce myself to everyone are Mr. Bad Ass.

fEMMAnists avatar fEMMAnist Yeah You Are +11Reply

http://thenewcivilrightsmovemen...12/04/13/37993

If anyone wants to read the full article. It's ridiculous. A lot of life threatening illnesses aren't caught until the last minute, and it would be too late in AZ.

LittleReds avatar LittleRed Yeah You Are +8Reply

Sometimes I can't tell if these types of news stories are some kind of big joke to see how many people will fall for it and think it's a real article, or if it's actually serious.

omgeetoasts avatar omgeetoast Yeah You Are +5Reply

I'll admit this law was designed specifically to limit the amount of time a woman has to get an abortion. There is absolutely no denying that fact.
But doctors tend to use the date of a woman's last period to predict how long she has been pregnant. So this method of finding out the age of the embryo/fetus isn't some new thing declaring that a woman is perpetually pregnant. It's just a poor way to estimate how long she's been pregnant.

pikabeaus avatar pikabeau Yeah You Are +2Reply

A virgin girl one week before her wedding: "Mom I'm pregnant."

Nice logic!!! Keep it up, Arizona!

Mayas avatar Maya Yeah You Are 0Reply