-71

You wish that the "Country" selection box on the sign up pages for websites would just put the USA on top instead of Afghanistan, amirite?

hiccup123s avatar Technology
0 19
The voters have decided that hiccup123 is wrong! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.
Maximumnerds avatar Maximumnerd Yeah You Are -8Reply

That's not alphabetic... that's not alphabetic at all!

It should be ordered by total internet users in each country. China, USA, India, Japan, and Brazil would be the first 5. If a website knows this isn't an accurate representation of the site's users, they can base it off of their own percentages.

The point is to make it convenient for the most people. There are a lot of Americans using the internet, and on English only websites especially it doesn't make sense to have the US at the bottom of a huge scroll list.

Edit: also, you can just start typing in what you want to find and it'll take you to that spot in the scroll list so it doesn't matter either way.

Rhinocrows avatar Rhinocrow Yeah You Are +29Reply
@Rhinocrow It should be ordered by total internet users in each country. China, USA, India, Japan, and Brazil would be the...

OR, the website could find the user's location automatically and sort by that - but I forgot about the whole type it in thing. Good point. Shuffles off shamefully

hiccup123s avatar hiccup123 Yeah You Are +4Reply

You can't always type it in, though. But I still think the top five thing would be a lot more convienient in either situation.

iceeselenawizs avatar iceeselenawiz Yeah You Are +3Reply

First world problems...

Hell yeah Australia.

Essems avatar Essem No Way +14Reply

I get what the OP is saying - there could be say the top 10 countries by internet user at the top of the list to perhaps speed things along. I sympathise with the US, I'm from the UK so we're really far down the list too!

TommyUK1234s avatar TommyUK1234 Yeah You Are +12Reply

Some do

Blucatts avatar Blucatt No Way +12Reply

The amount of times I've been late to something because I took the time to scroll down to u is just crazy.

The world doesn't revolve around America. Fucking ignorant post

I thought this was going to be posted by America Fuck Yeah! no smilie

I think they should put the countries that they have the most members from (USA, UK, Australia, etc.) first. THEN begin listing all the others

MyHotHotJams avatar MyHotHotJam Yeah You Are 0Reply

Most websites actually do put the USA first on USA computers lol