+342

If your name is spelled like "Asch'lye," rather than Ashley or some other normal spelling, you really shouldn't get all pissy when people misspell your name, amirite?

YouTubehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCvfW82yOCw
ShannonIsAUnicorns avatar
8 28
The voters have decided that ShannonIsAUnicorn is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

You shouldn't be mad at the person who misspelled your name, but rather mad at your parents.

I've never understood these alternative spellings. I've seen Taylor written as T-heylar.

...why?

Brandyandtophatss avatar Brandyandtophats Yeah You Are +38Reply

The craziest name I've seen spelled and pronounced is L-a. Literally pronounced La-dash-a.
no smilie

TheVibeAlchemists avatar TheVibeAlchemist Yeah You Are +22Reply

Quartney instead of Courtney...

If your parents gave you an oddly spelled name, then I can understand how it would get exasperating when people keep misspelling it. But if you were given a normally spelled name and changed it yourself to be 'unique', then it's your own fault, and you have no right to get mad.

My name is 'Ashley', but I spell it A'gh'toshmelAy (The gh'to and the me are silent.)

reixuns avatar reixun Yeah You Are +7Reply

my name is spelt Mathieu and people pronounce it wrong quite often

FlotatiousTurds avatar FlotatiousTurd Yeah You Are +6Reply
@FlotatiousTurd my name is spelt Mathieu and people pronounce it wrong quite often

That's actually an acceptable spelling, though. I'd be kind of annoyed if people pronounced it wrong. If it was my name, obviously.

Essems avatar Essem Yeah You Are +8Reply

Yeah it's the French spelling. But I have a colleague with the French spelling , Adrienne, but we pronounce it like "Adrian", and not in the french way.

TommyUK1234s avatar TommyUK1234 Yeah You Are -1Reply

Kingsley?

goodtimes avatar goodtime Yeah You Are +5Reply
@goodtime Kingsley?

I put the link to the video in the credit box thingy

@goodtime Kingsley?

I was thinking the same thing

@goodtime Kingsley?

I couldn't see it on mobile.

goodtimes avatar goodtime Yeah You Are +2Reply

It's reasonable to be annoyed, just not surprised.

@Laguakat It's reasonable to be annoyed, just not surprised.

Not annoyed at the person, just annoyed at the inconvenience and/or at the name itself.

Why would it be reasonable to be annoyed that a person spelled it the way it is usually spelled if they have never seen that way?

One time my school had a bank-quit instead of a banquet...

I love Kingsley <3