+95

It's mind numbing to think of how quickly humanity spread. Humans evolved from apes, and apes first appear in the fossil record 23 million years ago. Compress that down to a year.In that case apes appear on the first of January. Toward the end of October the first apeman arrives. Incredibly it's not until the 28th of December that the first fully modern humans arrive. And even more incredibly it's not until the 31st that they leave Africa. And by the end of the day they were across the globe. amirite?

YouTubehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLh775nMBHQ
iamthewalruss avatar Life
9 12
The voters have decided that iamthewalrus is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

If you look at the scale of the universe, the entire human existence is in the very last second of December 31. That is so cool.

Scientists avatar Scientist Yeah You Are +16Reply
@Scientist If you look at the scale of the universe, the entire human existence is in the very last second of December 31...

I had a bit more embellishment but I ran out of characters. So often I feel like you agree with me from the comments but you don't up vote

iamthewalruss avatar iamthewalrus Yeah You Are +1Reply

Agreed, but I feel like this is going to have a ton of comments about the second sentence.

Humans didn't evolve from apes.

@BetterThanEzra1119 Humans didn't evolve from apes.

i wasn't sure about that part actually. was it just the man apes?

iamthewalruss avatar iamthewalrus Yeah You Are 0Reply

That's a fantastic way to put it into perspective.

Lens avatar Len Yeah You Are -1Reply
@Len That's a fantastic way to put it into perspective.

If you can't see the link. It's from a documentary called the journey of man. Really incredible. It's on YouTube in 10 minute clips if you wanna watch it

iamthewalruss avatar iamthewalrus Yeah You Are -1Reply