+311

Jellyfish look a lot like Nebulae, amirite?

Image for post Jellyfish look a lot like Nebulae, amirite?
Scientists avatar Science
28 10
The voters have decided that Scientist is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

These pictures are absolutely stunning.

so wait, which are nebulae and which are jellyfish?

cremep0pss avatar cremep0ps Yeah You Are +3Reply
@cremep0ps so wait, which are nebulae and which are jellyfish?

No, they're all future stars! Jellyfish, we're gonna make you big, kid!

Suns avatar Sun Yeah You Are +6Reply

Absoluely insane. I sometimes envy bioluminescent orgamisms. That'd be something cool to be in possession of. I think jellyfish are quite awesome creatures. Their stunning looks belie the fact they are made up of practically nothing.

Trishs avatar Trish Yeah You Are +3Reply

Not all nebulae look like jelly fish, most of them don't. It's like saying cat's eyes are the nebulae of earth because there are some that look like a cat's eye.

@Frank_n_Furter Not all nebulae look like jelly fish, most of them don't. It's like saying cat's eyes are the nebulae of earth...

That wasn't the point of the post. The point of it was to point out that Nebulae and Jellyfish are similar in that they are stunningly beautiful, yet incredibly simple beings. Yes the ones in the picture look alike and I did so to further my point without excessive explanation, but I never claimed that ALL jellyfish look like a nebula.

Scientists avatar Scientist Yeah You Are +9Reply

Don't listen to anything I say. I had a long day at school and I've been on amirite for 3 hours, the longer I'm on here the less I make sense.

I know you didn't say all Jellyfish look like them, but when someone says "something is the ... of the something" it makes it sound to me like it's the only thing. If that makes sense? I know I'm not wording myself very well.

Anonymous