+71

If you could have any laptop, for free, right now, you'd get a macbook pro or a macbook air, amirite?

Brands & Products
4 45

Then I would sell it and buy new shoes.

I don't know enough about either (Mac or Windows) to make a choice. I homepaged so I can see people comparing the two. Hopefully this wont turn in to a flame war.

Just so you know you can install windows on a mac. So could have both on one system.

sx2ls avatar sx2l Yeah You Are +9Reply
@sx2l Just so you know you can install windows on a mac. So could have both on one system.

In my experience, macs are more physically durable. Which is why you would install windows on a mac.

mchalla3s avatar mchalla3 Yeah You Are +4Reply

Yes but that's a lot more complicated. You usually need something like virtualbox or VMware.

sx2ls avatar sx2l Yeah You Are +1Reply

Yes it seems like the much better option.i don't own a mac but I w
would love one.

sx2ls avatar sx2l Yeah You Are 0Reply

Wow, people... there's $10K+ laptops out there. Why the fuck would you want a MacBook?

@YeahIAm Wow, people... there's $10K+ laptops out there. Why the fuck would you want a MacBook?

If you don't know what any of those mean, you probably shouldn't be arguing with me about them...

What they basically mean, though, is the Alienware laptop is by far superior.

YeahIAms avatar YeahIAm No Way +12Reply

No, especially when you're buying a Mac. Anyway, when you look at the specs for those machines, they're crazy good.

YeahIAms avatar YeahIAm No Way +11Reply

Here's the specs Alienware laptop for less than $6.5K:

3rd Generation Intel® Core™ i7-3920XM (8MB Cache, up to 4.1GHz Overclocked*)
32GB Dual Channel DDR3 at 1600MHz
1.5TB SSD RAID 0 (3x 512GB SATA 6Gb/s SSD)
Dual 2GB GDDR5 NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 680M - SLI® Enabled
Slot-Loading Dual Layer Blu-ray Reader (BR-ROM, DVD+-RW, CD-RW)

Here's the specs for a maxed out MacBook Pro:

2.7GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7, Turbo Boost up to 3.7GHz
16GB 1600MHz DDR3L SDRAM
768GB Flash Storage
Apple USB SuperDrive
(no blu-ray player)

I'm sure there's more expensive laptops out there with better specs, but that's just a brand I know of off the top of my head.

@YeahIAm Here's the specs Alienware laptop for less than $6.5K: 3rd Generation Intel® Core™ i7-3920XM (8MB Cache, up to...

Went into JB the other day, saw an Alien Laptop. Realised it was about 10x better than my PC. Then I was sad. Really sad. I went home and was sad.

Just look at the numbers... a huge oversimplification is this:

4.1GHz > 3.7GHz
32GB RAM > 16GB RAM
1.5TB of Storage > 768GB of Storage
Blu-Ray player > No Blu-Ray player
Dual 2GB GDDR5 > 1GB of GDDR5 (didn't include memory card spec in previous post for MacBook)

If you actually want to know what they mean, Wikipedia them.

Alienware was exactly what I was thinking of. Even if for some reason (read: you know nothing about computers) you would prefer to have a Macbook, you could just sell it.

I already have a MacBook pro. If I could, I would get some seriously expensive laptop (the kind really fancy computer people would use), and then sell if for half off.

Pfft, there are PC laptops with 24gb RAM. MacBooks are nothing.

@CanadiaNDP Pfft, there are PC laptops with 24gb RAM. MacBooks are nothing.

Well, obviously I would look at all the other specs. I assumed that the laptop with the 24gb RAM had the required parts to run it or else it will be useless. That would be like putting 10L of milk in a small cake. It would be more liquid and no one would eat it. Bad analogy, but I hope you get the gist.

RAM isn't everything. Sure, you could have 24 gb ram, but if it is a silly dual core CPU and a wack Graphics, you might as well throw it away

I got a MacBook pro today. It was $2000 though.

@I got a MacBook pro today. It was $2000 though.

Same here! And it's my first mac so I'm excited to use the operating system.

Yeah, because then I could sell it ridiculously overpriced and buy a better PC that ran Windows.

Aww yeah cool smilie

Emperorerrors avatar Emperorerror Yeah You Are +6Reply

In my experience, Macs last a really long time. And the fact that you don't even need an antivirus cause they don't get viruses is great. Unless you're a hardcore software user, you're not going to need much ram and all that other shit. It's pretty convenient for the people who use the computer for the Internet and shit.

Boufakas avatar Boufaka Yeah You Are +3Reply

Contrary to popular belief, there are computers out there that are better than a Mac/PC.

@1812484

Not VAIO. Anything but. I'm on a VAIO computer right now, and I hate it relentlessly. I really do.
HP makes better PCs, in my experience. Of course, those are the only two brands I've ever had, so I'm probably not the best person to consult.
But still, VAIO is an abomination.

@1812484

I've had a few VAIOs, and consistently they all suffer from the Blue Screen of Death frequently, attract viruses like magnets, and harass you with VAIO pop-ups no matter how many times you tell them you don't want it. Each one has had its own little unique traits, though, like crashing if I try to go to a website in a new tab too quickly and getting their shift keys permanently stuck. VAIO just gives me a headache.

@1812484

Oh yeah, I remember my HP's battery died, as well. I'm in no way an authority on computers, but all I know is that my experience with VAIO has been an extremely negative one, and my experience with HPs was slightly less so.
I have an Air for school, and I don't like it. Although I just don't like the Mac operating system, which is really just a matter of opinion. The only non-opinion-related thing I can say about it is that it isn't as durable as people claim it is. I hardly ever touch it since I already have my PC, but I've had to get parts replaced constantly because it can't take a three-foot drop.

@1812484

HP is probably the worst that you could buy. (not the worst but you get my drift). They're so terrible, don't work very well and you don't get very good service with them. My mum works for HP and we're always like wow we would never buy an HP.

Macs are physically durable, so that's why.

mchalla3s avatar mchalla3 Yeah You Are 0Reply

No just because I already have one. So I would get some kind of ridiculously high tech computer that I probably wouldn't even know how to use.

MacBook Pro. I regret getting the Air, but I still love it to bits.

Erins avatar Erin Yeah You Are 0Reply

fuck that, i'd get the razer one just cause it's so stupidly overpriced that it can atleast handle some games that i play

Ewwww. They are so mainstream and wack, yo.

All the high school students at my school have MacBooks. It's really annoying and unnessasary.