PeterPans avatar Politics
2 9
The voters have decided that PeterPan is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I don't understand how obama's policies fixed the country, does that justify me not doing my homework. If you think romneys ideas won't fix the country then that's fine, but if you don't understand something you should learn.

Maybe this will help:

http://m.mittromney.com/issues

Unfortunately, I do understand what Obama is doing to fix this country, and I think he's going to break it.

@Reagan_fan I don't understand how obama's policies fixed the country, does that justify me not doing my homework. If you think...

I don't think I implied that Obama's policies fixed the country. I've read both of their policies a few weeks ago and mostly forgot alot of it, but I watched / heard Mitt Romney's speech at the Republican Convention and it was very broad. I don't understand Mitt Romney's point of view simply because there was no detail to it. For example, he said that every parent should have a choice and every child should have a chance, that means nothing. Sure, my parents have a choice to send me off to college, but that doesn't mean they can afford it. Their choice is that either send me to college and be in a lot of debt (assuming they can't pay for it and I don't have scholarships) or not send me to college and have me work straight after high school.

I've heard Obama's part, but when it really boils down to it, it's pretty much choosing the lesser of the two evils. How is Obama going to break the nation, in your opinion?

Btw, I haven't heard Obama's speech yet either.

PeterPans avatar PeterPan Yeah You Are +10Reply

He was kingdof vague but Romney had to cover all the issues in the republican platform and that was a lot

@Reagan_fan He was kingdof vague but Romney had to cover all the issues in the republican platform and that was a lot

I agree with the competition part, but it wouldn't be very practical. Parents do have somewhat of a choice about what school they send their children to. When they moved to wherever they moved to, they get to see what schools are around and which ones they are zoned to.
But perhaps a different approach to the quality is to either put more money into hiring better teachers or raise the standards. Honestly, high school is a breeze, even with 3+ college courses. I highly doubt it is this easy in college.

I see where many people say that Obama will break the nation with his Socialist-like ideas, but those are not 100% socialism. What he means is that the U.S. has to work together in order to overcome current challenge (which is pretty much keynesian economics as wikipedia says). It seems a little over the top though. Regulations are okay, but some of them seem to go too far.

PeterPans avatar PeterPan Yeah You Are 0Reply
@PeterPan I agree with the competition part, but it wouldn't be very practical. Parents do have somewhat of a choice about...

We have been putting a ton of oney into the education system and got no results and have actually declined! throwing money at the problem is not going to fix it the system is broken.

references:
http://www.mygovspending.com/gearbox/Education

http://www.education.com/magazi...means-parents/

I realize that some regulation is good, such as environmental regulation, but most is completely unnecessary. My beef with keynesian economics is the monetary policy and government spending to get the economy running.

I do know he isn't a 100% socialist, just a european socialist.

reference:

@Reagan_fan We have been putting a ton of oney into the education system and got no results and have actually declined!...

We can't really change the system. When my school heard that Obama (idk if that was true) was going to change the school year from 9 months to a year, everyone freaked. From teachers to students, everyone was like "no! we can't do it! It costs too much" etc. Honestly, America as a whole is pretty lazy. Because of that, after school, kids don't do their homework. Parents are too lazy or busy to enforce it and check over it to see that their kids are doing it right. My parents would tell me once or twice but they wouldn't like make sure I do it. Bad teachers are too lazy to teach and the list can go on and on.

I don't have my headphones, so I can't hear your other part. I'll respond some time later

What Romney was talking about was school choice and how if parents had a choice of which school they could go to competition would raise the quality of the education, but I can see how that could be confusing.

I think Obama is going to break the country because I don't believe in keynesian economics, but that is my opinion, and probably not yours

Its weird to me that in the US Obama is called a socialist. If he was the Prime minister in my country his policies would be more in line with out center-right party (from new zealand)