B10ckH34ds avatar
0 5

I think the theory of property tax is pretty nutty in and of itself. I mean theoretically, the government doesn't own your land; you do (assuming you don't rent, etc). Why do they get to make me pay just to own land? It's not their country, it's ours

WinniethePoohs avatar WinniethePooh Yeah You Are +1Reply
@WinniethePooh I think the theory of property tax is pretty nutty in and of itself. I mean theoretically, the government doesn't...

I think the post is talking about the government paying you to leave your house based of current market value when they want to use the land for something else, like a freeway. Not you buying the land from the government.

Frank_n_Furters avatar Frank_n_Furter Yeah You Are -1Reply

Actually (I don't care if this makes you NW. I don't want YYAs based on misinterpretations) I meant taxing on the potential earnings on your property should be as ridiculous as taxing on the potential earnings o your IQ (actually vice versa,) but governments see nothing wrong with property tax, but probably still think IQ tax would be bullshit.

B10ckH34ds avatar B10ckH34d Yeah You Are -1Reply

This is somewhat similar to another one of my posts, but the main point is different. This one is about how the government can imagine your income for one thing, but not another.

This is a really good analogy.

Anonymous