+276

If Kristen Stewart can lose her job, risk losing her entire career, fanbase, and respect over cheating on her boyfriend, the fact that Chris Brown is still acknowledged and celebrated is a fucking crime. If you want a prime example of women’s inequality in the media, there it is. amirite?

www.mermaidinamanhole.comhttp://www.mermaidinamanhole.com/post/31345833696/if-kristen-stewart-can-lose-her-job-risk-losing
rowannes avatar
18 48
rowannes avatar rowanne Yeah You Are +5Reply
@1823577

A girl in my class actually said she "would gladly take a beating if it was from Chris Brown". Isn't that horrible?

Madies avatar Madie Yeah You Are +6Reply
@1823478

I think he apologized and said he was drunk? My facts aren't completely straight though so don't quote me on this.

mchalla3s avatar mchalla3 Yeah You Are -3Reply
@mchalla3 I think he apologized and said he was drunk? My facts aren't completely straight though so don't quote me on this.

I don't know if you intended this, so correct me if I am wrong, but being drunk does not make it more understandable/okay/acceptable.

CanadiaNDPs avatar CanadiaNDP Yeah You Are +14Reply
@CanadiaNDP I don't know if you intended this, so correct me if I am wrong, but being drunk does not make it more...

No, I didn't, sorry if you felt that way. I was just stating what his excuse was.

mchalla3s avatar mchalla3 Yeah You Are 0Reply

I'm not entirely buying the whole gender inequality thing but Chris Brown is a monster who should have had his career ruined and belongs behind bars.

Is Kristen Stewert THAT demonized though, I feel like I just saw her on E! news and all they were talking about is "wow, she looks fabulous! Look at her! Back in the spotlight!"

Also, Chris Brown was not immediately received with hugs and kisses, didn't he have some major cray cray meltdown on the today show? hmm smilie

@Lkun Is Kristen Stewert THAT demonized though, I feel like I just saw her on E! news and all they were talking about is...

Well, she almost lost her job, she received quite a few death threats, and 'Kirsten Stewart is a Trampire' t-shirts were being sold online the next day, as well as TT on Twitter.

As for the Chris Brown thing- no, he definitely wasn't greeted with open arms after photos of Rihanna's beaten face were leaked, but there was definitely a lack of proper outrage- I mean, he was just celebrated in the news this week, and still has undying love from millions of fans, both male and female. It's basically society saying 'hey, you can be an immoral piece of shit, but as long as you can dance well, we'll love you!'. As for the meltdown- that was his own fault and a separate issue.

rowannes avatar rowanne Yeah You Are +22Reply
@rowanne Well, she almost lost her job, she received quite a few death threats, and 'Kirsten Stewart is a Trampire' t-shirts...

I think i should put this out here now... just for the record: I think Chris Brown is a piece of shit and agree with action man's post below, and am in no way condoning what he did.

Chris Brown probably received the same treatment that Kristen Stewert did (I don't know for sure... I'll look it up). But more importantly, you have to remember that Chris Brown's thing happened way over a year ago, while Kristen Stewert's thing happened like a month ago (I don't follow US pop culture, this is another thing I will look up) so this may not be an instance of "the media is sexiest" but rather a conundrum of "time heals all wounds." Also, Kristen Stewert has a lot of haters who would jump at the chance to see her downfall.

I'm going to go fact check now...

@Lkun I think i should put this out here now... just for the record: I think Chris Brown is a piece of shit and agree...

It appears C. Brown's scandal was february 2009 (over 2 years ago) and Kristen's scandal happened this August.

@Lkun It appears C. Brown's scandal was february 2009 (over 2 years ago) and Kristen's scandal happened this August.

Well, according to popcrunch, he did receive death threats, but that was pretty hard to find. Also, he has had to tell his fan base twice to stop sending death threats to two different people. So, this may just be the case of differing fan bases. CB's fans may be more likely to condone/not care about such actions. Kristen's fan base most likely stemmed from twilight fans who may be enamored with the idea of "true wuv" and would freak out if their Bella would dare hurt their Edward. But, this is all speculation about 2 celebrities who I could care less about...

I would agree with this post, if there wasn't an obvious reason why kristen is getting more hate. Twilight. A good number of people already want to end her career. Those who don't either simply don't care(they don't matter to the point im making atm) or want to marry Edward and they're so mad at Bella for breaking his heart. That's why her fanbase is gone. Its not the medias fault. It seems like she forgot who her fanbase is; if she didn't then she would have never started dating him.

pb55020s avatar pb55020 No Way +14Reply

Gender inequality? Are you fucking kidding me? This is the first time I've ever heard about Kristen Stewart cheating on her boyfriend. It sounds like nothing actually happened to her career except she deservedly lost a little respect from her fans. Do you know how many times I heard about Chris Brown beating Rihanna? That's basically what Chris Brown is now known for. Also, Tiger Woods got completely pounded for cheating on his wife. He lost all his sponsors and was internationally hated.

It's pathetic that you're blaming this on gender inequality. In addition to the above, Kristen Stewart is quite honestly the worst famous Hollywood actress and was hated before this incident I've never heard about. Chris Brown does have some actual talent, and it's not criminal to admire someone's talents, even if they have done some terrible stuff.

@YeahIAm Gender inequality? Are you fucking kidding me? This is the first time I've ever heard about Kristen Stewart...

Great comment except for your last sentence. Since when does hiring someone else to write your songs for you and then using autotune count as natural talent? This isn't a music debate though so that's irrelevant I guess. I do agree that the post is stupid for blaming this on gender inequality, since the real difference is that Chris Brown's stupid fans stood by his side through everything even though he was totally in the wrong. If the fans didn't support him he would be finished right now. But no, they blindly followed him for whatever reason and you can't blame that on gender inequality.

I think it's unfair to pass too much judgment on the choices and actions of celebrities. Because on the whole we don't know shit, or at least not the whole picture, and you shouldn't pass judgment on something you don't completely understand.

I personally hate Chris Brown and think he's an asshole for doing that. But his fans (mainly women) are the ones who supported him for it, not the media.

I think Chris Brown's a bad person, but I don't think it's so much the media being sexist. A lot of fan girls are still in love with him. I've even heard people say Rihanna deserved it. I think that's so terrible

this probably has more to do with the fan base of either celebrity than it does with media itself.

Fun fact: Rihanna is still in love with Chris Brown.

GiggityGoo22s avatar GiggityGoo22 Yeah You Are 0Reply
@GiggityGoo22 Fun fact: Rihanna is still in love with Chris Brown.

I don't get how that's possible. Blinded by love I guess

I think what they both did is wrong. But Chris Brown hurt one person. Kristen Stewart cheated on her boyfriend, but also knowingly broke up a marriage and family. I have had men hit me in the past, and it is completely wrong, but the emotional pain of being cheated on lasts much longer, at least for me.

I kind of agree, but there's a statute of limitation going on as well, so that's not a very fair comparison.

Have sex,smoke weed,get high,enjoy life. Simple as that.

Well, she has poker to fall back on. She has no emotion, no one will know if she has 9 high, a royal flush, or if the table is on fire.

I believe the accusations were blown out of proportion, considering Rihanna was photographed the next day in Hawaii with nothing wrong with her face, looking absolutely fine.
So who can we believe really

I don't know about Chris Brown but Kristen Stewart is an amazing actress. I know her fans are mad at her right now for what she did to Rob but I think they'll love her again once they see how great of a movie breaking dawn part 2 is.

@1823477

I am also a female, and I believe that no one deserves to be abused.

HMDuckys avatar HMDucky Yeah You Are +17Reply
mchalla3s avatar mchalla3 Yeah You Are +1Reply
@mchalla3 why?

Just seems like she did...

@Just seems like she did...

I know, but why do you feel that way? Gut feeling does not count.

@mchalla3 I know, but why do you feel that way? Gut feeling does not count.

It just seems to me like she would've provoked it, like when you tell your friend not to touch your or you'll punch them in the face and they touch you so you punch them, and then they bitch at you and you're all like "Bro, I told you if you touched me I'd punch you in the face." I feel like it kinda happened like that.

@It just seems to me like she would've provoked it, like when you tell your friend not to touch your or you'll punch...

He was apparently drunk, so it was kind of his fault. And in your example, the person who punched their friend is an idiot.

@1823477

You're also an anon, and trolling most likely

Anonymous