-59

America is not the greatest nation in the world. There is no greatest nation. Every nation has its own features that make it unique and great in its right. America just has more of these great features than any other nation, amirite?

GoogleSearch the world's information, including webpages, images, videos and more. Google has many special features to help you find exactly what you're looking for.http://google.com
2 31
The voters have decided that this post is wrong! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.
@1839631

Well that's a shitty new feature. I guess I can't be AFY! anymore :(

@Well that's a shitty new feature. I guess I can't be AFY! anymore :(

Lol I used to use the name AmericaFuckYeah ages ago, and they all have little Australian flags after them now, which ruins it

Simons avatar Simon Yeah You Are +4Reply
@Simon Lol I used to use the name AmericaFuckYeah ages ago, and they all have little Australian flags after them now...

Yeah well, the whole making fun of American ignorance thing is getting old anyway.

@1839851

You know what would be cool? Whenever a new feature comes on amirite, you get the option to choose whether or not you want it instead of having to find out about it when you've already made a post.

@1839853

It was just a suggestion. But thanks for the tip. I can be myself again...

@1839855

Thanks. Or better yet, maybe a page that shows all the latest features so we're all aware of them. And we can rate them and comment about them.

...if they have the most qualities of a great nation, then they are the greatest nation. ono smilie

"has more of these great features than any other nation".... so America's the greatest. Thanks for clearing that up.

Like our prison rate for instance. No country has a greater prison rate than the United States.

@WinniethePooh Because other countries just kill them instead

America is basically the only first world country that has not abolished the death penalty

@iamthewalrus America is basically the only first world country that has not abolished the death penalty

North Korea, China, Iran, Iraq, and a host of other countries still PUBLICALLY execute people...we're a step above that. Honestly, I don't see what the big deal is with the prison rate. Do you just want the rapists, serial killers, and inside traders to run rampant on the streets?

Whereas here, it's not technically legal but cops do it anyway and justify it later by saying they looked suspicious or thought a camera looked like a gun. Plus many people end up on death row that are most likely innocent, as was the case with Troy Davis.

hmm smilie I'm not sure if I agree of disagree. A lot of it depends on what defines a great nation. Least amount of national debt? Highest employment rate? The most powerful? Happiest population? Most likely to be able to take over the world through military force? Don't get me wrong, America is a great place to live. But I don't think it is necessarily the greatest nation. We give all of our money to other nations while borrowing money from other nations, all while we have starving and dying people in our own nation.

@1839648

I don't think you can say we're not as great as we used to be, especially if you look at if from a social perspective. We've come very far socially in the past 100 years. We had different kinds of problems back then, just like we have different kinds of problems now. Going back to how we used to be would be regressing.

@_Jojo_ I don't think you can say we're not as great as we used to be, especially if you look at if from a social...

Socially? Sure. Everything else? Not really. We've slipped in military power, education, healthcare, innovation, employment, global conpetiveness, exports, foreign perspective, political capital, etc.

@WinniethePooh Socially? Sure. Everything else? Not really. We've slipped in military power, education, healthcare, innovation...

Yes, my emphasis was social, which is huge. Also, saying that we've slipped in some of those categories is arguable. In others, I'd have to agree with you. Also, we've slipped from when, 2008 or 1965? When people say the US used to be so much better, the era they are referring to is important.

*We're not the greatest country ANYMORE. We definitely used to be in terms of almost everything

@1839726

and military spending. Apparaty the military budget for America is more than the next 26 nations combined. And 25 of those nations are allies

& Then on the 8th day, God made Canada.