-41

The Internet one day will have replaced reality in so many respects that Internet addiction will lead to a large portion of- if not the majority of- deaths in developed nations, amirite?

Lens avatar Technology
0 2
The voters have decided that Len is wrong! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

It's certainly plausible. Obesity is already the #2 cause of preventable death in the United States. With people no longer being active because of time spent on the internet, this could theoretically lead to a significant amount of internet-related deaths. I'm not going to vote on this because of its implication that this will definitely happen, but it is possible.

This kind of reminds me of the Pendragon series, in one of the books there's a civilization that created a virtual reality you could control and make it whatever you wanted, people got so addicted that they abandoned things that were necessary in real life like growing food. It's interesting to think about, but I don't it would really happen.