+109

Barring abusive or negligent (or otherwise horrid) parents, children should be respectful to their parents and in their parent's old age help them, if not due to love then simply out of debt, amirite?

Lens avatar Life
0 5
The voters have decided that Len is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Am I the only one who did not understand why that first part is there?

@StanIsDEAD123 Am I the only one who did not understand why that first part is there?

"Barring abusive or negligent (or otherwise horrid) parents"?
Well, I feel as though if a parent has given a child a very poor life, for example, beating them and/or sexually abusing them on a nightly basis (or some other scenario along the same sort of lines) the parents don't really deserve to be treated with respect and kindness.

Lens avatar Len Yeah You Are 0Reply
@Len "Barring abusive or negligent (or otherwise horrid) parents"? Well, I feel as though if a parent has given a child...

Just wondering, when do you think a person does deserve to be treated with respect and kindness?

Okay, i understand it now. Don't want to admit it but i just didn't know what yhe word barring meant...