+227

It's great when companies market their products with clever advertising, amirite?

Image for post It's great when companies market their products with clever advertising, amirite?
Bun10s avatar Brands & Products
9 10
The voters have decided that Bun10 is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

What does music have to do with a vacuum cleaner?

That is clever, especially considering the rug has 5 lines, but I don't think this is clever advertising at its best because in no way does this make me want to buy the product and it's too obvious (though this may be due to hindsight bias so I won't vote)

I honestly have no clue why this is clever. Can someone please explain

@sb123 I honestly have no clue why this is clever. Can someone please explain

The vacuum cleaner is shaped like a treble clef, and the rug behind it has five lines, just like a music staff, so the image looks like a treble clef on a music staff.

http://tinyurl.com/bcbp5pq

@musiclover The vacuum cleaner is shaped like a treble clef, and the rug behind it has five lines, just like a music staff, so...

you also missed that the lines dont have any notes on them so it implies that the vacuum cleaner is very silent

Oh thank you. I didnt perceive that because I thought a musical reference wasnt a "clever" technique to advertise a vacuum. I focused on the lines on the carpet and walls - as if they were the clean lines compared to dirty